Chapter 56

First Chapter of Act ll! Enjoy!

___

Hikaru stared blankly. He could still feel the cold wind curling around his fingers, he could still feel the influx of questions, as well as people walking around in his mind. He'd gotten briefly interrogated after bringing in Sakura's body, but he'd been deemed innocent. 

He was freezing, limbs shaking, but he couldn't quite bring himself to move. He stared blankly at the mirror, freshly showered. His hands were bright red from scrubbing at them as if to rid himself from the feel of Sakura's cold body. 

His reflection blinked at him as Hikaru blinked. His crimson hair was stained with shades of orange, violet eyes a darker blue than anything. 

Hikaru was beyond angry. He was livid, a ball of fury directed at both himself and the person he knew did this. 

In the mirror, his reflection's fists tightened. There was something haunting about seeing your actions mirrored, especially when Hikaru didn't quite feel right within his body. It was... different somehow, each time he woke up. More thin. Aching more and more, with his head spinning and his heart racing. 

He was weak. 

Hikaru could feel his nails biting deeply into his skin, drops of red falling onto the floor. He looked more into the mirror, noticing the white scars, the soft pink ones wrapping around the base of each of his fingers, as well as his wrists. He would need to buy gloves soon. 

He blinked. 

His reflection did not. 

It was at this moment that Hikaru's paranoia heightened to new levels. He narrowed his eyes further, tilting his head, crimson strands falling over a thin shoulder. His reflection's body was slightly disproportionate-- everything not quite in the right place, his face almost exactly symmetrical. 

He pulled out a kunai. 

His reflection did not. 

Something struck into his heart, and Hikaru heard the loud sound of shattering glass echoing in his ears. His entire body was trembling somehow, his eyes wide and open as he looked down at his chest. 

Mirror shards were everywhere. 

Scattered upon the ground, reflecting Hikaru's reflection back up at himself, his wide violet eyes so clearly showing fear, mocking him. The ones left in the mirror were sharp. 

Oh. 

There was a glass shard embedded in Hikaru's chest. 

He blinked, feeling his heartbeat begin to flutter in his chest. It was vague, but Hikaru could barely hear it over the panic that drowned out everything in his mind. He couldn't quite think, his mind repeating useless words over and over and over and over

Useless. A voice hissed. Extremely, utterly useless.

Hikaru gripped the shard, the glass digging into his hand and setting his nerves on fire. He pulled it out, slick and smooth with his blood, glancing back down. 

First aid. He needed to grab the first aid kit. 

He glanced around, holding his hand to the wound in his chest. His eyes landed on the kit, and he bent over to grab it. 

Blood rushed to his head, and he crashed unfairly to his knees, landing directly on glass. He couldn't bring himself to care, adrenaline making his fingers shake. He pulled his shirt over his head, tossing it somewhere before opening the kit and grabbing the gauze and tape.