Chapter 64

Hello! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Remember: Sasuke, at the moment, is essentially being controlled by Hikaru's timeline's Sasuke. 

___

It was a breath of midnight air, bloodlust curling so thickly around him. The moon hung heavily in the sky, bathing everything in a silvery glow that had his fingers trembling with anticipation. 

His mask glowed in the moonlight, the futuristic red streaks bright and nightmare-inducing. He quietly unsheathed his sword, mist beginning to curl around his feet and leaving him with a sharp feel in his nose and mouth. 

He stared at the small village in front of him-- one of Orochimaru's experimentations. It would fall tonight, or Hikaru would die trying. That was that. But he knew he wouldn't die from something as measly as this. 

A deep, shaking breath. 

Something strangled his heart so gorgeously, now trembling as he activated the barrier seals he'd crafted for this moment. They faintly appeared around the village, shimmering with a crimson glow. They would set anybody that passed on fire so hot that it appeared blue. 

And, if they didn't die, they wouldn't exactly make it that far. 

His mind spun, and he finally gave into the pressing bloodlust. He pounced upon the village like it was his plaything, massacring hundreds. 

Blood coated his sword and the ground, blades of wind flying from his sword. He breathed softly, a chuckle escaping from his lips as he tried his best to not completely fly off the handle. 

Running. 

They were all so beautifully running, or frozen in place like fearful little mice. It was absolutely the best thing to chase them down, knowing they were merely prolonging the inevitable. 

Yes. 

He was inevitable, was he not? Standing over a male a little less then twice his age that was still fit enough to run, his sword poised over his head and a sickening look in his eyes. A grin was bright underneath his mask, bloodlust staining the air just like the blood would surely stain his clothes. 

He lifted it a little higher. 

Slunk

Crimson splattered against the dirt. 

Slunk.

Even more crimson. 

He remained like that for a moment, staring at where he'd killed the man, before glancing up. He made eye contact with a child about Inari's age now-- ten or eleven. 

Ah. 

"Morals don't matter anymore." Sasuke muttered, his hands shoved deep in his pockets, a scowl on his face. "Yeah. There's kids out there, Naruto. Don't think of them as children." Black eyes darted over towards him, so deep and feeling, as if they could hold any galaxy but chose not to. "They are liabilities on the field."

He blinked, mouth opening to oppose, but Sasuke had fully turned towards him. A nin rushed past-- about their age, maybe a bit younger or older, carrying a bushel of weapons. 

"This is war, Naruto." Sasuke's voice was harsher. "Pull your head out of your ass for once. You could either help and win or die. Don't make me have to choose for you again, idiot."

In a way, Sasuke had been right. 

Children were liabilities on the field. But, he'd also been a kid back then. Freshly 17 or 18. And, kami, how old was he now? Around 28 or 29?