Chapter 10

Hello! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Human Thought

Original: 01/01/2020

Edited: 10/19/2020

_______________

Hikaru blinked, then blinked again. He stared at the blond in front of him, surprised at what had just come out of Hikaru's mouth. 

He'd just invited Naruto and his teammates to dinner. 

He was surprised at his actions, and couldn't help but let a spiral of confusion pierce his gut. He was out of control. 

"I- I mean, if you want your teamamted to be there. Uhm, extend and invite to your sensei as well." Hikaru muttered quietly, fidgeting with his fingers. 

Naruto stared at him blankly, before his eyes lightened up. "I don't want Sasuke-teme to be there, but I'll invite 'em anyway! And you want Kakashi-sensei to be there as well..?" He asked, tilting his head. 

"Ah, I just figured that since, it's a team dinner..." Hikaru looked back to the side, before gathering himself up. "You guys should have a team dinner to bond, so what's better than my place? Kakashi and Sasuke will prefer privacy, and Sakura will likely not want anyone at her civillain house. Your house is a mess. Mine isn't, and I've met your team before."

"Okay! I'll go an' invite them right now." Naruto grinned, blue eyes filling with happiness. "And we'll come over 5 o'clock, maybe?"

"Yea. That'll be okay." Hikaru said, allowing a soft smile to flit across his features. "See you then, Naruto. And make sure to tell Kakashi to be here at the correct time!"

Naruto nodded. "See ya!" He raced off, throwing a wave over his shoulder. 

Hikaru sighed. He didn't know what to make, only what was his team's favorite dishes. Naruto liked ramen. Sakura loved onigiri, and Sasuke would eat almost anything with tomatoes in it. Kakashi, however...

Nobody knew what Kakashi liked. The man was still as elusive as he was in Hikaru's original timeline. 

Hikaru heaved a heavy sigh. I'll have to go to the market and buy plates and utensils so I can actually cook. And more food.

He turned back towards his apartment, realizing he only had four chairs and a small table, and the living room only had a single three-person couch. 

And more furniture.

XXX

Hikaru set the bags on his brand new table and started to unpack. The new table could hold six spots although only five would be used. 

"Plates go in the third cabinet, bottom shelf." Hikaru murmured to himself. He reached up, putting the plates away. He grabbed bowls and also set them away. 

He would have to go on missions soon, as he was almost out of money. Turns out buying another couch, table, and a chair cost a lot more than he expected it too. Things such as furniture back when there was still shops around in the war were cheap, considering the abundance of them. 

But he did pick out some high-quality ones, so Hikaru would be fine for as long as he was here. Hopefully. 

XXX

Hikaru hummed as he busied himself with tidying up the house. He picked up his sword and moved it to his bedroom, setting it carefully in the corner. He glanced around the room. His old table was in the corner, as he was planning to use it as a desk for seals and supplies, etc.