Chapter 7

Hello, again! Tbh it may seem like I'm bored and have nothing to do, only because most of my chapters are written from technically yesterday and today, but I have things to do.

I'm just procrastinating.

Human thot

Original: 01/01/2020

Edited: 10/14/2020

__________________________________

Hikaru paid Teuchi for Naruto's ramen, and stood up. "Shall we go?" He looked over at Naruto, who stared back at him in confusion.

"Whaddya mean?" Naruto asked, but he stood up. His bright blue eyes reminded Hikaru of before he saw war.

Before he absorbed Kurama's chakra.

"I'm walking you to the Academy before I grab a mission." Hikaru grunted, turning away from the rapidly tearing up blond.

"Wha-?!" Naruto sniffed. "Why?"

"Isn't this what neighbors do?" Hikaru looked over, completely confused. He'd never really had any neighbors, even when he moved out of his apartment he'd just lived by himself in the Hokage's house.

"Eh? Yeah, dattebayo." Naruto said, although you could see the blatant lie in his eyes.

"Alright, let's go then." Hikaru said.

They walked in silence to the Academy, but Naruto spoke up when they got there. "Hikaru? Why are you so nice to me?"

"I'm related to you, Naruto." Hikaru recalled his half-truth from when he first met his younger counterpart. "And I'm trying to make up for not being there. Didn't even know you existed until a year ago, to be honest."

"A year ago?!"

"Mission, Naruto. I heard about you from a mission." He sighed. "Now, be sure to do well on your test. Bye."

Hikaru shunshined to the Hokage's office, folding his arms. The Hokage stared back at him.

"You've been getting along well with Naruto-kun." The Hokage said in amusement. "And Kakashi-kun has been asking about you again."

Hikaru sighed. "You talk to the sensei's yet?"

"Just about to in an hour or so. Please, hang out her until then. They need a chance to meet you." Sarutobi stated, his eyes sparkling. "Please, help me with paperwork. The pile continues growing."

"Use Kage Bunshin."

The Hokage's quill snapped.

×××

"Welcome, jonin." The Hokage said. "Where's Kakashi?"

"Late." Hikaru blandly said, ignoring the other jonin's startles at his sudden appearance. "Shall I go grab him, Hokage?"

"You may." Sarutobi said. "Make it quick. We can't be waiting for forever."

"Hai." Hikaru shunshined away, his chakra reaching out for Kakashi's familiar chakra, warm and sparking with lightning.

He's at the KIA stone. Hikaru body flickered towards the cemetery, coming to a stop a little ways away from Kakashi, who stood by the stone.

"Kakashi." Hikaru greeted, remembering the times the man had been late to almost everything. His punctuality had gotten worse as time went on. "You're late to the Hokage's meeting."

"Maa, it's nothing important. I'll be there soon." Kakashi turned towards him. His eyes widened in surprise, before narrowing. "I haven't gotten your name yet." Kakashi reminds him.