-part twelve-

tw: slight mention of suicide there will be a sign: ⚠️ which means it's coming up and when it's over

there will be a sign: ⚠️ which means it's coming up and when it's over.

|
Nightmare

Y/N ROLLED HER EYES, sitting back down at her table, her dress becoming extremely uncomfortable. She decided that she'll do what's best, which is flee the situation.

She never knew, in a million years, that daniel, in fact, was hooked on her. Especially the fact that he cheated on her and left me for the same girl.

Y/n's pov

⚠️
If I were to get back sucked into this mess, this mess that almost made me kill myself, I don't think I could handle another heart break like this.
⚠️

It would be like me falling and hurting myself, but then falling again. I can't let that happen. I know that my worth is more than that.

But it's funny... at the end of the day; nothing changes. But when you look back on everything, it's different.

I wish I could go back and never have answered his calls or texts. I wish I have blocked him after the breakup. But I knew part of me hoped he would call. I hoped he would try and win me back again. But that was the past.

But truly, the flowers do remind us why rain was so necessary. Why I had a heart break. That whole breakup was just another step in my life, it made me stronger.

Every little thing that I've done led me here. It was my fault that my heart was broken. It was my fault for getting sucked into Daniels trap. It was my fault he cheated.

But I hope that I don't make the same mistakes again.

I hope.

Daniels pov

"Hey, sorry I can't get to the phone right now. I'm probably.. I don't even know. I'll call you back when I get the chance." the voicemail of y/n's rung out of my phone for the 20th time. God, I'm so dumb.

"H-Hey, uhh..." I pause to wipe my nose, "it's me uh, daniel. Which you probably knew that. Uhh, look, I'm sorry. I know you're probably tired of me saying that. But I- I- I don't know," I pause to let out another choked sob billing up in me, "just, please call me when you get the chance."

I can't even imagine what she's going through. I cheated, lied, replaced, and tore her apart. No wonder she doesn't want me anymore. But I hope she does.

The only reason why I'm still trying is that glimmer of hope. That glimmer of hope that maybe one day when she looks at me, she will look at me like I look at her.

I just want my y/n back.

~

Her smile was wide, almost as big as mine. She ran through the crowd of people, pulling my hand with her. My eyes never left hers. Nothing in this world would be more pleasing than looking at her.

and she was mine.

all mine.

She pulled me closer, putting her arms around my neck as mine snuck to her waist. We slightly swayed, staring into each others arms.

That is until a man pulled her away from me. And she still kept smiling. It was all in slow motion. I started yelling her name in hopes she would meet my eyes, but she wouldn't. She was looking at him now.

~

I gasp and jolt up, my body drenched in sweat. My breath becoming erratic.

It was just a dream; It was just a dream.

I need her. Now.

My hands searched for my phone, shaking furiously. I dialed her number, which I remember by heart.

It listened as it rang and rang, hope slipping away. Until I heard her groggy voice speak.

"Hello?"

"Y/n! Y/n!"

"Daniel? I thought I blocked you?"

"I- that doesn't matter," I tried finding words, but all that came out was my harsh breaths.

"Are you okay?"

"N-No."

"What's up?"

"I had a bad dream.." I heard her sigh at the end of the line.

"I'm coming over," was all she said before hanging up. Excitement bubbled inside me.

Maybe it did have a chance.

—-
Word count : 708

national suicide hotline: 800-273-8255