-part sixteen-

|just hold me

|
just hold me

"I LOVE YOU TOO"

that's what daniel wanted her desperately to say, but he knew she wasn't ready. It hurt him knowing that he hurt her like this. He wanted to take away her pain, but he didn't know how.

All he could do is hold her.

He watched as she choked on a sob, burning herself back into his body for warmth as tears streamed down her face.

"It's so hard, Daniel. It's so hard living like this, I don't know what to do anymore. It's like every days the same," she hiccups. Daniel rubs slow, gentle circles as he holds her tight.

"I know, my love. It's hard, but I promise you that you'll get through this," he whispers in her ear softly, kissing her shoulder softly, "want to go to sleep back inside?"

"I- um- I don't want to be a burden," she sheepishly says, her head buried back into his shoulder, his soft, warm, tan skin radiating heat onto her.

"Y/n, you're not going to be a burden," daniel jokingly scoffs, standing up as her body is wrapped around his.

Soon enough, daniel is placing her body onto his messy bed, warmth engulfing her whole body, making her smile.

"I'll be on the couch if you need anything, good night," daniel softly says, kissing her forehead. She immediately take his hand, forcing him to turn around and look at her.

"Lay with me?"

"I don't want to make you more uncomfortable, it's fine if I sleep on the couch," daniel argues, smiling softly at the girl.

"Please, daniel. Just hold me," She whines, taking his hand and tugging on it, forcing his body onto the bed. He huffs in defeat as he takes the comforter, blowing it over both of their entangled bodies.

The moonlight shines gently through his curtains, his eyes twinkling and his soft, clear skin shining. She notices every time he blinks his tired eyes, his eyelashes touch his under eye.

he looked beautiful.

His soft hands slowly brushes her hair out of her face, making her lean her head onto his hand. She tries to get myself closer by taking the leg that was thrown over his body and tugging it forwards, causing his body to react the same way.

She never would find herself her a few months ago, but her she was, laying with him like it was a normal thing to do.

But at the end of the day; all she had was herself.

——
Word count: 422