-part one-

|Voicemails

|
Voicemails

Y/N WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF HER shrieking alarm 2 days later. Sighing, she placed my hand on her nightstand, hoping that her finger tips would press snooze, which failed miserably.

She grunted, cursing her alarm for waking her up from her beauty sleep, picking up her phone and lazily pressing the red button.

She did a double take as she saw the time was 3:30 in the morning, confused on why she would set an alarm for such an early time. Tired eyes widening as she saw many missed messages, calls, and voicemails from him.

*15 missed calls from daniel*
*15 voicemails from daniel*
*60 new messages from daniel*

She rolled her eyes, her eyes and thumbs working their way to her messages. She read through some of the messages, the words "I miss you" coming up many times.

daniel
baby, please wake up.
<- sent at 3:36 a.m.
I miss you so much and
I'm an asshole for leaving you.
I still love you. Please come back.
I want to hold you in my arms,
I want to kiss you, I want you.
<- sent at 3:40 a.m.
fucking answer me, y/n.
<- sent at 3:43 a.m.
  <- read all at 3:47 a.m.

She didn't know if she should reply, deciding to reply once she went through all the notifications. She didn't know why he was just now paying attention to what he did wrong. Moving along, she listened to the last voicemail he sent.

"y/n, I miss you. f-fuck, I-I'm so so sorry. I-I didn't mean to do anything...well I don't know what that mean but... all I'm trying to say is I-I still love you. Y-You bring the happiness in my life and I know that all my words are mixed up, but, I fucking love you. Call me back, please."

She listened to the voicemail, her brain trying to process— grasp— why he was doing this now. It had been plenty of time for them to move on with their life and she thought he made that point when she caught him cheating on her.

y/n
Daniel, you're drunk,
go to bed and leave me
the hell alone. I'm a few
buttons away from
blocking you.
<- seen at 4:03 a.m.

She was confused, almost angry, setting her phone back down on her night stand.

Millions of questions flooded her mind, eating away at her sleep as she tried to close her eyes and just forget about what happened.

But she couldn't.

The sudden need to feel someone hugging her, holding her, came back. She wanted someone to lean on and be there for her. She was so lonely and this could help with her problem. She tried everything: dating apps, blind dates, asking a cute guy, or girl, for their number. But it was never him.

But she knew what was best for her— what was healthy for her— and it certainly wasn't daniel.
————-
word count: 506