CHAPTER 12

Two weeks have passed after the Chandelier accident. Adhya was living with The Rathore's as Abhiraj didn't allow her to go to her house or even Hospital. She was on complete bed rest this two weeks. Her arm was healed, but the scar remains.

The doctor suggested doing surgery to remove the scar, but she declined. She didn't want to hide her scars. It's the proof that she survived through all that. She was busy thinking when Anjali entered the room.

"Oye, khayalaton ki maharani [Queen of Thinking]. Stand up, we are going downstairs for breakfast. You have been closed in this four wall room for long enough. Come on, get up." She said ushering me to stand up.

I followed her to the breakfast table, where everybody was sitting, waiting for someone to arrive. When I look around, I saw that Abhiraj was missing. They must be waiting for him. When we entered, everyone turned to face us. Some were happy to see me and some were not. [You know what I mean.😉😅😅]

Anjali went to sit in her chair. Now there are only two chairs vacant. So I made my way to the other chair. As I sat down in the chair, Anjali's Chachi was going to say something. But stopped after looking at someone behind me. Everybody looked at me with a shocked expression and then behind me. I turned to see who is it. It was Abhiraj. Why are they shocked? I questioned in my mind.

Abhiraj came and sat beside me. O shit! What have I done? I closed my eyes tight in embarrassment.

"I..I should stand up." I said with my head down. God! I shouldn't have sat in this chair in the first place. You all must be wandering why am I behaving like this. Let me tell you, only Abhiraj's wife can sit in this chair. It is a tradition that only King's or the future King's wife can sit beside him. If he isn't married, then the chair is left empty. I can't sit beside him.

As I was standing up, a hand grabbed my left hand and stopped me from standing up. The grip was gentle yet firm.

"You are going to sit here only. This is your place. I mean, where will you sit? There is no empty chair. You saved my life. At least I can do this much for you. Sit and eat your breakfast." he said. I wanted to deny but the expression on his face stopped me.

His Chachi was extremely angry. She opened her mouth to say something, but Abhiraj showed his palm and warned her not to say anything.

[Aunt]

Everybody was gawking at me, making me uncomfortable. Seeing this, Abhiraj grabbed my hand under the table and stroked it to sooth me. I nod at him. In this two weeks, I have come to know that Abhiraj is really a sweet person. But why was everybody scared of him? Why his eyes held mystery? What was he hiding? I shouldn't care about all this. I said to myself and continue eating.

When everyone has completed their breakfast, Rajmata stood up and told everybody to gather in the living room.

Everybody gets up to go to living room. I decided to retire to my room. As I was going, Rajmata's voice stopped me.

"Adhya, you can join us too." Rajmata said. Nobody dares to question her. I can't say no to her. I also went with them.

"As you all know, Anjali is now 21 and Preeti is 22. They both are ready for the marriage. As Abhiraj declined to marry. I decided to marry Anjali and Preeti first. So, yesterday the Chauhans called me. They asked for Anjali's hand in marriage. As you know Preeti is older than Anjali, I told them about Preeti. But they were adamant. So, they are coming the day after tomorrow to see Anjali. Abhiraj and Pratap already gave their consent. Anjali, what do you say?" Rajmata asked Anjali with her usual attitude.

By the look on Anjali's face, I can tell she didn't like the idea even a bit. She was fuming. But like hell, who would marry at the age of 21. But this is different.

"I DON'T WANT TO MARRY ANYBODY. Now, if you got my answer, I should get going." Anjali said and stormed off without a single glance.

"You can't talk to me like that." Rajmata shouted angrily.

"I will go and talk to her." I said and get up.

I made my way to her room. She was sitting on the bed crying angry tears. When she noticed me, she started crying very badly. I immediately took her in a soothing hug. I started running my hands on her back to calm her.

"Please Adhya, I don't want to marry. I don't want to marry. Please." She keeps pleading me.

"Shu Shu. Calm down. First stop crying." I said and after some time she stopped.

"Listen to me. If you do not want to marry, don't. You have to marry, if not now then later. But at least meet the person. Your brother and father had chosen him for you. There will be something in him that they said yes, right? Who knows, maybe he is the one for you? I know you are just 21. But what if he is good for you? Maybe he will keep you happy. Just meet him. Get to know him. If you don't like him, you can always say no. Okay." I advised her. I saw understanding in her eyes. She wiped her remaining tears and faced me with determination in her eyes.

"Okay, I will meet him. But I swear if he did something perverted with me, I will beat the crap out of him." She said in a cute angry tone.

"Okay. Okay, you can surely do that." I said in an amused tone.

After that we went down. Everybody was still sitting in the living room. They turned to face us after hearing our approaching footsteps.

"Okay, I will meet him. But if I don't like him, then I will say no." Anjali said. It shocked everybody. Just minutes before she rejected him, then what changed her opinion.

"Girl, you can't choose. You have to marry the one we decide for you."

"Good decision. After all, you have to spend the rest of your life with him. I am sure you won't regret it."

Abhiraj and his Chachi said at the same time. Abhiraj glared at his Chachi.

"Okay then. They are coming the day after tomorrow. You can go shopping. You have to look good in front of them." Rajmata said and left.

After that, leaving Abhiraj everybody left. His eyes were trained on me the whole time. They were the most mesmerising pair of black. I found myself drowning in them. When my senses came back, I snapped out of it. I hurriedly stood up and run to my room. He was making me feel things I didn't even know I had until now.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

SO HOW WAS THE CHAPTER?

SO, A MARRIAGE?

WILL SHE SAY YES?

WHO IS THE PERSON? GUESS.

DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

PLEASE GIVE MY ACCOUNT A FOLLOW IF YOU LIKE THE STORY.

Vote || Comment || Follow