CHAPTER 8

Adhya's POV:

As we were going, the guard suddenly announced someone's name. I wasn't able to know whose because I was busy in listening to Raina.

I turned towards the stairs, there was a man descending the stairs. His aura screamed power and dangerous. Every person in the hall went silent. 

Our eyes clashed together. I can see in his eyes. He has demons. And he clearly wasn't hiding them. He was using his demons to fight. He was making them his strength. Another thing I saw in his eyes scared me. It was MADNESS.

And that madness was for me. But I can't do that. I can never get myself involved in his chaos. I don't want to because I know I will lose everything. I averted my eyes. I can not handle the intensity of his eyes.

THE DEVIL DOESN'T COME TO YOU

WITH A RED FACE AND HORNS,

HE COMES TO YOU 

DISGUISED AS EVERYTHING

YOU HAVE EVER WISHED FOR.

Anjali leads us to her family, who were surrounding the man. They were standing in a circle. Rajmata eyed that man with proudness. Of course, Preeti [Ragini's daughter] was eyeing that man with lusty eyes. That girl has no shame. How can she see her own cousin with those eyes?

"Rajmata, Bhaisa, Mom, Dad, everybody meet Adhya and Raina." Anjali introduced us to her family.

"Everybody was happy to see us. Of course, Ragini and her daughter weren't. To tell you what, I don't care.

At last she introduced us to her brothers. Abhiraj and Veer.

"Namaste." I said, joining my hands. Raina was going to offer her hand for a handshake when I elbowed her and warn her with my eyes.

"Namaste." She said nervously, smiling.

"Namaste." Both the brother said at the same time.

[Hello]

Abhiraj's voice was deep and authoritative that  sends chills down my spine.

"Aapse milkar bohot khushi hui." Abhiraj said, his voice deep yet soft.

[I am thrilled to meet you.]

"Aapse bhi milkar bohot khushi hui Mr. Rathore." I said.

[I am thrilled to meet you too Mr. Rathore.]

"Call me Abhiraj. Didn't I told you before?" Abhiraj said.

"When did you say that, Bhaisa? " Anjali questioned, but seeing the glare her brother was giving her, she kept quiet.

Just then my phone started ringing. It was Mom. 

"Excuse me." I said to Abhiraj and scurried off to a less crowded place.

"Hello beta." Mom greeted. Her voice held gruffness like she just wake up.

"Yes Mom, Are you fine?" I asked her with anxiety. Because mom never called at night.

"Yes, beta, I am fine. Nothing happened to me. I just wanted to hear your voice." Mom assured me.

"Mom, tell me what happen, because I know you will not call me for nothing. Mom, I know you well now tell me what happened." I said, waiting impatiently. 

"Nothing beta just a minor accident." Mom said, and my eyes went wide. I was clearly not expecting this.

"Mom, what accident. What are you saying, mom? Please tell me." I pleaded with her. My eyes started watering.