CHAPTER 15

In the living room of the Palace, everyone was waiting for Dev and Anjali, when their phone pinged at the same time. It was a little suspicious. So everybody picked their phone to check the message.

They were shocked to see pictures of Anjali with some guy. They were looking very close. In one photo, the guy's hand was around Anjali's shoulder. In other, the guy and Anjali were hugging each other. Many more were there. Everybody got the same message. The Rathore's face was red with embarrassment.

"Care to explain this, Rajmata?" Dev's father, Prithvi Raj Singh Chauhan, asked with anger.

"What the hell is this?" Abhiraj growled in a bone chilling voice. Everybody jumped, hearing his tone.

"What happened?" Adhya asked, her brows knitting in confusion. She didn't know what was happening.

Abhiraj showed her the pictures of Anjali with the guy. When she saw the pics, she becomes angry.

[In Indian society, the most humiliating thing for a girl is pointing a finger at her character. Their dignity is what they cherish the most. For a girl, her honour is everything. When something happens with a girl, why it's always her fault? Why a girl is declared shameless when she is the victim? Why it's always her? Why it's always a girl's honour that is questioned? When a girl is raped, the society says that it's the girl's fault. Why? Because she wears short clothes. Because she was outside of the house at midnight. Why isn't a boy's honour questioned? Who the hell gave him permission to play with a girl's dignity? How dare he even see a girl in that way? Many girls suicide, because they can't bear the shame. A lot of girls are silenced by their family. You know the boy is not the biggest culprit, but the society is. They kills the girl with their accusations. They are responsible, a girl is forced to do suicide. I am not saying everyone is bad, but everyone is not good either. I just wanted to say, why it's always a girl and not a boy? I am sorry if I have spoken too much. I just got a bit emotional.]

BACK TO THE STORY. ⇓

"Didn't I told you she has a boyfriend. But none of you believed me. Now see. If this photos reached media, Rathore's name could be slandered." Chachi said in a taunting voice. She gave eye signals to Riya. [Ragini's daughter. I have changed her name from Preeti to Riya.]

"Oh God! I didn't know Anjali can do this. I should have known. I am her elder sister. I am sorry, Rajmata. I swear I didn't know. If I would have known, I could have stopped her from taking this step. How can she not care about our reputation? Please forgive me, Rajmata. I will do everything.If you want I can even marry Dev." Adhya rolled her eyes hearing Riya's guilty speech. Rajmata nodded her head in understatement.

"I am sorry, Mr. Chauhan. I didn't know about it. If I have known I-" Adhya interrupt Rajmata.

"You are unbelievable. You people do not deserve to be called her family. How can you trust an outsider more than Anjali?" Adhya yelled in frustration.

"You cannot disrespect us like that. Because of you, Anjali is like that. You middle-class girls are gold-diggers. Nothing can stop the girls like you. God knows you become Anjali's friend just to enter this Palace. You wanted to trap Abhiraj. Your mom would also have trapped your father. Girls like you and your family are money hungry dogs." Chachi accused Adhya in malicious tone.

"What is happening here? Why are you shouting like that?" Dev asked, entering the living room with confusion and anger. Anjali was also beside him.

"I will tell you beta. Because of that Anjali, our reputation is at stake and my daughter has to pay for her mistakes by marrying you." Chachi said in a fake angry voice.