⌜ one ⌟

seriously though, tell me, what's so good about soulmates?❞ sungchan can't help but ask upon closing his locker and facing the younger beside him, who's busy reading the book to catch up from classes he had missed from taking care of his son. ❝jisung, i'm talking to you.

the said male didn't bother taking his eyes from the book he is reading and just answered him casually. ❝if it's about your complains about this system we are following for the sake of our planned future with someone, i don't want to talk to you about it.

the older male had to roll his eyes at what he said. ❝please, you're just scared that chenle would let you sleep on the sofa again if you agree with me.

now darting his bored gaze at the latter, the look on jisung's face was already enough to make a point.

and that's also when sungchan had to agree with just those eyes telling him something. ❝okay, fine! maybe chenle is a tad bit frightening when he gets mad, but­—

he literally kicked your ass out of the condo yesterday for giving jiro macaroons even when he had finished brushing his teeth already.❞ jisung reminded him, walking alongside the older as they were making their way to their classes. he might be at a year under him, but he just felt the need to keep an eye on him from doing something stupid, that's why he's following the other. ❝he made you homeless for the night, and you call that a slight bit scary?

well,❞ sungchan started to grumble incoherent words as he strode down the crowded hallways along with the teen dad. ❝why are we even talking about chenle? soulmates, jisung, soulmates!

it's not that he was bitter of that, just because he hasn't found his yet, but he really can't get the point of it. why can't they just trust the process instead of relying on it? sungchan wondered what's going on inside destiny's chaotic head when this happened. at the age of eighteen, exactly on your birthday, you would feel a burn in your arm, especially the wrist. that's immediately the sign of your soulmate compass being patched to your skin. it would hurt as hell, and sungchan can't explain how much tears he wasted during that night. as much as he wanted to admire the specific words that's imprinted on his wrist, even though it was dull and had no glow or whatsoever, he was no where near being excited to what's going to happen to him.

from the very start, he hated it.

trust me, sungchan tried to put interest on it. he even made an attempt to search for his soulmate, but it only had a dead end. the location on his wrist would change every minute and it's such a bother for him, who's actually putting an effort in looking for his so-called soulmate. it made him think that his soulmate could possibly be adventurous, which would be a hassle for someone like sungchan, who can't even lift his lazy ass up to have a meet up with his groupmates in a project. or maybe, his soulmate is someone who's already all grown up and has their job requiring them to move from one place to another. having a celebrity soulmate is also possible, by why would he have one?