⌜ twenty eight ⌟

shotaro stood there with his clueless gaze just settling at the taller who's rubbing his nape and having that nervous smile plastered on his face. ❝sung—

please,❞ the celebrity hasn't even began saying something to him yet, and sungchan is already begging his life to be spared from sleeping in the cold streets. even when it's his choice to be kicked out and be here. ❝i might have hurt jisung's feelings the other night and chenle got tired of me. taeil hyung hasn't also given me my monthly salary for watching over his flower shop, so i'm broke as hell to pay myself a night at a hotel.

is money the problem?❞ tilting his head to the side, the young japanese asked. ❝i can give you enough that can last you a week.

widening his eyes, sungchan expected this scenario less. heck, he didn't even get to think of this, which is why he didn't get to have a back up plan if things go this way. he even had to lie that their principal didn't pay him, and that man is always on time in giving him his monthly salary, and would even give him a tip if necessary. groaning, the struggling skyscraper couldn't think of anything, thus, making him let out a hasty choice of word. ❝no!

that sudden shout surprised shotaro, making him flinch from his place. the older then tightened his grip on to the bags he's carrying while staring at the taller male who looked like he's having a crisis of his own. thinking about it, it has been undeniably a while since he had seen him. has it been a week? he didn't get to keep track of it. aside from being busy with his career, his classes, and his schedule colliding, he would also feel guilty in getting worried for his own soulmate as he is the cause as to why he looked so miserable.

dark bags under his eyes, his hair looking like a bird's nest, his physique getting thinner— has he been eating well? realizing, shotaro feel like he's the worst person alive for not looking after his own soulmate. sure, he did hurt him, but the only way to take back his wrongdoing is to be nice to him, to say the least.

but despite of all that, sungchan still managed to give adorable expressions that the young japanese have to hold back a smile because of effortlessly cute he is. ❝uhh.. what i mean is, i'm just a harmless and defenseless boy. i can't even throw fists to save my life, i would die if i'm left alone! imagine, jung sungchan being cornered in a dark alley, surrounded by top-tier criminals, they have guns with them, and here i am, not even a knife in my hand! therefore, i conclude, i need to be monitored by someone who's a walking marshmallow—

sungchan,❞ cutting him off from rambling, shotaro gathered the courage to ask. ❝how are you?

the said skyscraper then started to fly out to his pile of sweet thoughts, daydreaming the moment he got to see the celebrity's smile. damn, it has been a long while since he had last seen that. ❝i-i'm sunshine.