⌜ four ⌟

sitting at the backseat and dealing the car ride with having the couple conversing in front, shotaro entertained his own self by staring at the glowing letters on his wrist. a smile made its way to his lips as he traced his fingers on his soulmate patch, memorizing every small detail on it. it was shining like a star seen at night, the letters engraved on his skin and being part of his body like how a soulmate is part of his life, fancy letters completing the beautiful look it gave, and how there's even an additional tiny compass at the end of the place given.

beautiful..❞ he complimented, a smile still plastered on his face as his attention was drawn to the patch he had.

ever since he was young, he has been really fond of knowing everything about soulmates. seeing his parents being so in love and happy with one another, it also made him want to have that kind of life one day. he pretty much grew up in a caring and humble household, that's why he grew up being like one to. because of how kind and nice he is, people often take advantage of it. shotaro knew, but he didn't have the courage to stand up for himself. not because he was weak, but it's because of how selfless he is and how he just wanted to make everyone around him happy.

his parents are quite supportive of every decision he makes. and even if they knew that they'll be missing their baby, they still encourage him to pursue his dream away from them when he was casted to be what he is right now. life wasn't easy for him to adjust, but he was fortunate enough to have people like these two actors right here to look after him. they kind of remind him of his parents a lot. it also happens, that was the year when he finally got the dull patch on his wrist— but no location can be seen. it frightened shotaro, distracting him from his early months of his career. he had the thought that maybe his soulmate had given up on their life, that they were no longer there to meet him. it was until the year after that, he cried so hard upon seeing his wrist finally giving him the location where his soulmate is.

the problem is, shotaro also became so busy that he didn't have time to go look for him. his career skyrocketed quickly after starring in a movie with the older japanese, the people just started to fall for his innocent charms and feel the need to keep him inside their pockets. though, he managed to make a name for himself aside from being nakamoto yuta's younger brother in that film. he participated in dance competitions and survival programs that got him known to the society. a lot of newbie celebrities from the industry were jealous at how the foreign male immediately got a spot in the entertainment world that easily, not knowing that he had it hard after it. offers here and there, schedule all packed, and not even having enough time to sleep anymore.

and also, not being able to find his soulmate.

shotaro did make an attempt, but only got the reporters and paparazzi following him like stalkers. if ever he would have found his soulmate back then, he didn't want his soulmate's life to be involved in the toxic industry he is in. ❝it would have been nice if he wasn't just a jerk.