⌜ twenty three ⌟

staring up to the ceiling, shotaro had the corner of his lips curve down to a frown, being in deep thought and not even able to hear the alarm coming from his phone that's placed down by the beside table. he's already ready to go. it took him a good hour to find the right clothes to wear, only to end up having an oversized hoodie and some sweatpants. lucky for him, he had no schedule for the day, and he doesn't know if it's the principal moon knowing about their date and forcing his ceo to clear his calendar, or it's just a coincidence.

either way, he's still conflicted despite of already looking like he'll go out any minute from now. is he not excited at all? it's supposed to be a special day.

you're still here?❞ a voice from the door cut him off from his thoughts, also making him turn towards that direction. ❝i thought you'll go out on a date.

still having that frown, the young japanese raised a brow with a question following up. ❝how'd you know?

yuta was about to come here to your room and tell you that he's going out for his shoot, but you were too busy picking out clothes, he didn't want to disturb.❞ sicheng explained slowly, walking to the drained male that's laid on the bed, leaving the door open. ❝also, your alarm has been ringing for the past ten minutes already.

now that he mentioned it, shotaro propped himself up just to reach for his phone, heaving out a sigh before sliding a finger on the screen to stop the alarm that he didn't even get to hear because of how preoccupied he is with his pile of thoughts. he looked oddly strange for someone who's going out on a date with their soulmate. the chinese actor would like to think that maybe his busy schedule tired him out, but it's something more than that.

heck, it looked like his career isn't what's bothering him.

sho-chan, everything good?❞ lifting his hand up, sicheng ran a hand to the younger's strands of hair to compose him down.

leaning to his gentle touch, shotaro felt like he would doze off to sleep any second from now. it was taking him time to answer that only question. he's actually debating with himself on whether he should lie or straight out tell the truth. he didn't want to worry the older, but then again, even if he attempts to lie his way out, he'd only get caught. lying really isn't his forte.

snuggling close to him, shotaro decided to respond with another question. ❝how did you and yuta-kun fall in love?

even without answering him, sicheng showed a small smile as he could already what's bothering the young celebrity that's cuddling to his waist. but instead of insisting him to answer his question, the chinese actor reassured him with his story. ❝when he stopped chasing your taeyong hyung.