Chapter - 14

Totsuki Sports. Transfer Student to be in a Shokugeki. His Opponent the Meat Master, Mito Ikumi. It was the headlines of the newspaper that was shared around Totsuki Academy. Everyone in the school has at least read about it which means that there's a lot of students who knows about Soma and Mito's Shokugeki. However, some didn't know who Mito Ikumi was really up against. There were two people who were still discussing about it. It sounded like they haven't received the news.

If Mito-san wins, the Donmono Research Society will be shut down, and....."Did you all hear about the Shokugeki today?" a student questioned his friend.

"Yeah, it's between Nikumi and Don RS, right?" his friend replied.

"I feel bad for Don RS, coming under Nakiri Erina's crosshairs like that....." the student who spoke first rested his arms behind his back. A pair of footsteps was heard behind him, followed by a loud voice that can catch anyone's attention.

"Hey, did you read Totsuki Sports News? There's been a swap! See, Nikumi's gonna fight that cocky transfer student, Yukihira Soma!" he announced. The students in the hallway — mostly males, felt their blood boil at the mention of Soma's name. The cocky transfer student who claimed that he as going to the top of Totsuki. The reason was that these students studied in this Elite School ever since middle school, there was no way they were going to have Soma get his way.

Meanwhile, in the waiting room of the Shokugeki arena, Hana, Soma, Megumi and Konishi were standing inside the room glancing at Soma.

"Her's the ingredients and tools you need for the match. I got everything you asked for." Konishi stated. Hana glanced at Soma worriedly as she approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder. She felt his body tense up at her touch before glancing at Konishi with a smile, and a pair of sleepy eyes.

"Yup! Thanks, Konishi-san!" he said, trying be as cheery as usual however there was a hint of tiredness in his voice which made Konishi frown. With his hands on his hips, his eyes landed on Soma with worry visible on his features. Hana also averted her gaze towards Konishi.

"Did you get any sleep, Yukihira?" he questioned in which Hana frowned to. She noticed how he was trying not to show his tiredness but he failed to do so.

"Afterwards, I tweaked the sauce a little more. Well, I think I got about two hours." he said with a light smile on his features. Hana glanced at his attempt to stay awake and stay as himself. 'Isn't this bad?' she thought to herself. Megumi was peeking out of the waiting room door. The chattering of the crowd, was what she heard. The bluenette's face immediately paled, she was feeling nervous even if she wasn't the one who was going to participate in the Shokugeki.

'So many people.....' Megumi shakily approached Hana, Soma and Konishi.

"S-Soma-kun, d-don't get to nervous.....D-D-Don't get nervous, okay?! F-For times like this, you can write the 'man' character on your hand. On you hand, okay?" the bluenette stuttered as Hana couldn't help but chuckle at her nervous an shaky behavior. She find it cute since she was trying to tell someone not to get nervous but she's the one who's getting nervous which wasn't effective.

"Okay, sure. Why don't you go ahead and do that, Tadokoro?" Soma smiled at the female with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Huh? Aren't you nervous at all? You're going to be cooking in front of that huge crowd." Megumi questioned curiously.

"Nope. This isn't scary at all, compared to when I have to cook in front of customers with restaurant's reputation on the line." the red haired, yellow eyed male.

On the other hand, Isshiki was standing on the balcony, letting the wild wind mess up his hair. He rested his arms on the balcony with his eyes closed. It looked like he was enjoying the afternoon breeze. His mind then landed on the Shokugeki and the events that occurred a few days ago.