Chapter - 12

"You weren't kidding."

Megumi had guided both of them towards the large board that was placed somewhere in Totsuki. It was like a board where people normally use to pin announcements and advertise their clubs. Hana has never joined a club before since Soma and she had to get home early to help out at the restaurant Hana leaned in closer and noted how artistic and well created the posters were. With quick movements of her head, she looked at all posters that were placed on the board.

"Japanese, Western and Chinese cuisine.....Haute cuisine and vegetarian cuisine.....Fermented food and preserved foods....." Hana mumbled. Soma's averted his gaze towards the posters that were placed a little bit higher.

"Huh, this one's for train Bentos." Soma said, making her look at the posters that were placed higher. Her long hair swaying in the wind as her eyes trailed upwards as she stood on her toes to see the posters more clearly. A poster had caught both of their attention.

"Huh? The Donmono Research Society?"

"Maybe it'll inspire menu items for our restaurant, everyone likes rice. All right, it's worth taking a look at. Let's go Soma, Megumi!" Hana ran off, pulling both Soma and Megumi along with her as she headed towards the designated area. Megumi blinked a few times as Hana dragged her away.

"Why me? Wait....."

Within a few minutes, the three of them reached the Don RS room. There was a male who looked as white as sheet. His maroon pompadour dropping as if showing that he was depressed. Noticing your presence, he glanced up and eyed the three of them.

"Sorry, but you should go. Don RS is about to become history." a gloomy expression decorating his face as he averted his gaze away from Hana, Soma and Megumi. 'What?!" Both Hana and Soma stared at the man. Hana came all the way here just to hear those words? Oh, no.

"You said you're Yukihira, Hana and Tadokoro? I'm Konishi, the leader of this research society." Konishi Kanichi, a second year student in high school — the don of don RS.

"You okay, senpai? You look pretty down." Soma inquired as Hana walked around the room, looking at the books that were available. Konishi laughed quietly to himself, but it didn't seem like a cheery laugh, it was the total opposite of a normal laugh.

"Laugh at me all you want. I couldn't save Don RS." he stated with his head down. Grabbing one of the books that was scattered on the ground, she regrouped with Soma and Megumi.

"Are these recipe collections?" Hana questioned as Soma and Megumi walked towards her.

"They're recipes put together by Don RS." Megumi looked at the thin notebook in Hana's hands.

"Let's take a look," Soma said in a somewhat enthusiastic tone. She flipped the pages and landed on a random page. There were hand-drawn pictures, the list of ingredients needed ant the recipes in every single page. 'From more mainstream items to off-beat ones......They're all jazzed up with a spark of creativity.' Hana thought to herself. Handing the red-haired male the recipe book, her doe-like eyes trailed towards the member of the Don RS. Eyes filled with admiration, she smiled at the male.

"These recipes are all interesting! Why do you have to shut down, senpai?" Hana inquired. Konishi raised from his seat and looked at her, his hair standing up.

"You get us?" Konishi stated an approached Hana. Megumi let out a squeak while Soma glanced at her, taking few steps closer to her.

"Hana!" he grab hold of her shoulders an sniffled, tears streaming down his face.

"He's really crying! Did I do something?! Soma!! Help!" Hana glanced back at Soma, whispering the last part.

"The don has a functional beauty that obeys the laws of speed, taste and affordability! It mans up by being contained in a bowl! It's food for men who fight! I.....As a man, I.....I cannot die until I create the penultimate don!" he yelled out furiously, the gloomy expression on his face was already long gone. Standing between Soma and Megumi, Hana merely stared at Konishi, taking a step closer to Soma as he rambled on.