Chapter - 17

Meanwhile at the Polar Star Dormitory, everyone was at the dining hall. Hana sat on a chair, looking at alight blue colored pamphlet. It was the Training Camp Guide. Just by looking at it, anyone would get excited. Honestly, she was excited for the training but knowing Totsuki, it won't be a nice training camp. Let's make a lot of memories! Don't forget anything! Sounds suspious, she has accepted the fact that in this school, they take cooking very seriously. There is no way this is going to be like that cartoon figure smiling and skipping around but that doesn't  make it any less exciting.

"Camp training?" Soma questioned as she placed the thin book on the table.

"The time has finally come." Yuki stated as Soma reached for the book she were holding.

"You had something like this in elementary school and junior high, didn't you? It's like a camp where we all go and stay for a couple nights."

"Like going to Kyoto, Arashima and places like that right? Huh, didn't know this school did stuff like that. Is it fun? Wait, why are you shaking, Megumi-chan?" Hana tilted her head at the girl's strange behavior. Soma did the same.

"This camp represents the first circle of hell for new high school students." Marui explained making her directed her attention towards the black haired male who spoke.

"All first years will be tasked with grueling cooking projects every day in a remote location in the mountains. If we don't earn a passing score, we face immediate expulsion. They claim it's an opportunity for friendship and kindship, but in reality.....it's a merciless weeder training camp!"

Hana thought to herself, 'So I was right, it is more like. ​Let's make a lot of traumatic memories! Incompetents should quit while they're ahead! now. She smirked, surely she weren't really excited for this anymore but everyone has to participate, she was aware of the gravity of this situation but she felt the thrill of fight and surivial. She is not going to lose, there is a seat of elite ten, the 1st and she aims to put her name on it.

"This is what Totsuki's education by competition looks like. The director spoke of the one percent,but this is where the selection process really begins." Isshiki said with his arms crossed over his bare chest. Then, Hana recalled the speech the director of Totsuki Academy gave during the opening ceremony.

"Greetings. Congratulations on your advancement to the high school division. During your three years in the junior high school division, you have obtained a basic skill set in cooking and deepened your understanding of each ingredient. In addition to the cooking practicum, you attended classroom lectures on a variety of topics including culinary theory, nutrition, public health, introductory agronomics, and management. Now, you've finally standing at the entrance to the high school division. The challenged you'll now face are not about your skills or knowledge, but whether you have the wherewithal to survive as a food professional. 99 percent of you.....are meant to be sacrifices for honing the remaining one percent"

"Of the 812 students who entered our high school division last year, only 76 advanced to the second year! Incompetence and mediocrity will be mercilessly excised form out student body. A thousand of first years will be whittles down to a hundred by next year, and we can count those who'll advance to graduation on one hand. Aspire to become one of the small handful of those professionals! It should be you! Hone yourself!"

"Isshiki-senpai, didn't you also go to this camp last year?" Daigo questioned,

"Yes, of course. Even in my time, dozens got sent home and expelled every day." the brunette state with a serious expression though his clothing didn't fit his serious expression.