Chapter 1

There was only one word to describe this. Dis. Gus. Ting. "Disgusting!" a voice suddenly said. It was a normal afternoon at the Sumire Street Shopping District. The district was filled with people of all ages, buying various items from different stores. A restaurant with an orange canopy lied in that very shopping district that was currently filled with people. Yukihira Restaurant. A young boy sat on a yellow crate with a small grill in front of him covering his eyes with a piece of squid in his mouth. 'They don't go together at all.....They're a devastatingly bad match!' This boy with yellow eyes was currently laughing. The sound of sizzling was the only thing accompanying him, along with the smell of charcoal. Squid and peanut butter was a horrible match.

"You look like a villain. Wipe that smug grin off your face, Soma." Hana stood at the door and looked down at him.

"I can't say the same for you too, Hana. You made me eat this disgusting creation, it's only fair that you eat it too" he argued with a frown playing at his lips which turned into a grin as soon as he completed his sentence.

Hana took a step back, ready to run for her life but the way Soma looked at her with that look on his face holding a bite for her in his chopsticks. She sighed and knelt beside him muttering about something about him being lucky that she lo-likes him, taking a deep breath in, she gently eats the offered piece of the absolutely disgusting-tasting squid. She managed to swallow it but that didn't stop the shiver that ran up her spine as she tries to recover herself from that.

He was always like this, making disgusting creations and then feeding it to the people around him, and most of the time, it was her who would have to eat those creations since she's always around him. Well, this time it was an accident. While eating, Hana had accidentally dropped peanut butter onto his squid that he was grilling. It was actually his fault for trying to eat it anyway and now he used his adorable face and made Hana eat that stuff as well, "That's definitely going into top best fails." Hana said as she felt another shiver. With a sigh, Hana turned around, her back facing the yellow-eyed male who was still laughing villainously at the disgusting creation that was an accident. Glancing back at him, she interrupted his laughing. Hana took her ribbon from her neck and tied her waterfall braided hair away from her face and neck.

"Now, Come on, Mayu-chan is here."

His golden eyes scanned her figure as she turned around and extended a hand with a smile on her lips. Soma grinned and grabbed her hand as Hana helped him up. Unwrapping the white headband on his left wrist, he swiftly pulled it and tied it to his head. Hana walked into the restaurant first.

"Let's do this, then!"

The usual showdown between Soma, his father and Hana. It was like a daily event in the restaurant. The blue flames with a hint of red and yellow. The sound of the spatula scraping the wok. Knife hitting the chopping board as they chopped spring onions swiftly. Eggs sizzling on the pan. The aroma of spices and different sauces filled the air. All three of them were so serious and dedicated to cooking. By now, there was a large number of people in the restaurant just to spectate their cook-off. It wasn't a bad thing. In fact, it was the complete opposite it attracts customers and gives her a check on her skills. Hana made sure she had all the ingredients ready, the three of them walk around the kitchen searching for ingredients without coming in anyone's way. They were so used to it that it was like second nature for them.

Soma was indeed talented in cooking, having used a knife since he was three. He was practically raised in a restaurant. On the other hand, there was Soma's father whom Hana admired as a chef and as a person, he helped her family and her when no one else did and the only thing Hana could say about his cooking was that he was on another level. Hana has tried his dishes before and it tasted, amazingly delicious. Soma's food was also delicious. But if Hana had to pick whose food was much more delicious, it would have to be... Hana's trail of thought got cut by the smell of her fried rice reaching the desired stage. She quickly got back to it and got ready to serve.