Chapter - 3

Soma and Hana were stood standing in shock at the grandeur school in front of your eyes. After hearing his father's voice from the other end of the phone, he raised the device and moved it closer to his ear.

"We're totally out of place here. Why do all the other applicants have butlers and guards and stuff?" he questioned as you glanced around the place. Like what Soma stated, each applicant has their butlers carrying their school bag and at least two guards guarding them. Just how rich are these people? Is it because the school was for rich people? They were both totally out of place here. Hana was wearing a simple dress and had her ribbon on her neck. After a few seconds of glancing around the area, she heard Soma's father speak again.

"Oh, did I forget to mention? You and Hana are taking the transfer admission exam for one of the best culinary schools in the country. The graduation rate is less than 10 per cent. It's a super-elite institution. Best of luck with that, Soma. Tell Hana that I said good luck." His father said Hana could imagine him smirking and smiling at this situation. Then, she both hear someone else talking which piqued both your interest.

"Hey, Jo! Please wait a moment!" Someone was speaking English.

"Where are you right now, Dad?" Soma inquired curiously as you waited for him to finish his call.

"New York City. In the VIP reception hall of Manhattan Royal Hotel." he responded ever so casually which made you both really surprised. Soma's father was working in one of the most famous hotels in the world as a chef.

In the VIP reception hall of Manhattan Royal Hotel, Joichiro was talking on the phone which was supported by his shoulder and his ear. The place was bright and decorated with various items. It was crowded as expected, only rich people can enter a grand place like this. Joichiro glanced down at the two plates of food he had just made a few minutes ago.

"That's where I'm cooking right now," Joichiro responded.

Joichiro walked towards the balcony, still holding his phone with one hand. The cool air of New York welcomed him as he slowly walked to the edge of the balcony.

"I first went to India. Then Italy and Spain. I just got to America yesterday. I plan to cook in cities on the East Coast for the time being."

In front of him was the breathtaking scene of New York City at night, but his goal wasn't to enjoy the scenery in front of him. He stopped in front of a small charcoal grill. The scent of the flame-grilled squid filled the air as he continued his call, listening to the busy street of New York City, as well as the sound of crackling and sizzling.

"Huh? I'm not following."

"Well, let's just say someone called in a favour." When he said that, Soma's father reached for the squid that has been grilling ever since he started a call with Soma.

"Hey, Soma. If you can't survive that academy until graduation," he leaned against the railings of the balcony.

Now back to you who was in Japan. Both you and Soma stopped midway, mostly because Soma wanted to listen to what his father has to say. At this point, Hana was only sticking with Soma. Not wanting to get lost in the large place, She stood somewhere near Soma and looked at the buildings and people passing by. Most of them were males, though there were a few females that passed by. She was nervous somehow but also excited in the inside. If this was going to make her a better chef, attending this school will be worth it.

"you can kiss your hopes of surpassing me goodbye as a pipe dream." His father smirked at the other end of the line. Soma felt himself smile widely.

"Just watch me!" he yelled.

"Good. Then let me tell you a special secret to improve your cooking....." When Soma's father said that, Soma had already ended the call. He sighed as his eyes moved towards his phone on his ear.