Chapter 6

"Huh? What? Soma-Kun, Hana–chan, but there's no way we're gonna finish in time." Megumi stated in a slightly disheartened tone, looking at both Hana and Soma.

"That teacher says some pretty good things. We're cooking pros before we're students. We're gonna serve a dish, no matter what! Help out! Hana." Soma stated as he tied the white cloth onto his head. Even though Soma didn't give any instruction to Hana, she knew what he wanted her to do.

"O-Okay!" Megumi replied timidly and immediately left, searching for the items that Soma instructed her to search. Both Hana and Soma grabbed their own knives and reached for the ingredients that Hana brought. Hana turned on the heat on the stove and chopped the garlic while Soma chopped a few onions. Megumi then jogged up towards both Hana and Soma who was working intensely and wordlessly.

"Here's the salt, pepper, and bouquet garni!" the bluenette held the three ingredients on her two hands.

"Thanks!" Soma thanked the girl as he took the ingredients from her grasp. The three of them continued to work, even if there were only 15 minutes left. Soma was handling the meat while Hana made the sauce for the beef. On the other hand, Megumi simply stood by, seeing that there was nothing that she could help with since both of them were too focused on their own work. She felt really overwhelmed at both of their teamwork. Working on the same dish without barely communicating, without getting in each other's way and supporting the other without any words said. she was amazed. It was nothing actually, they both were accustomed to working without talking with each other. But to others, it looked in perfect synchronization as if the two were dancing.

Back at Yukihira, when it was rush hour, there would be numerous people in the restaurant, chattering with one another. Because of those noises, Hana wasn't able to talk with Soma, so they both just decided to trust each other. She often glances at what Soma's doing so she can do something else and prepare the others without interfering his own work. This was a skill developed over the years, that was why only Hana and Soma can pull this off. There are things that people can't do alone. When there's a need for teamwork, they have to trust each other. They didn't even bother to pay attention to the background talking from one of the students.

"Look, that big-mouth transfer students all worked up," he said while picking up the serving dish from the drawer of the long table.

"Well, I bet an E rating's guaranteed. no matter what." his partner continued, motioning towards Hana and Soma who were still working on the dish. Chapelle stayed seated on his chair and was now evaluating each group's dish. Using the fork and the knife prepared, he cut a piece and helped himself. Humming silently while closing his eyes, he reopened them and looked at the two students without showing any expression.

"This is an A." he said.

"All right!" The two of them cheered silently with each other.

"Next team!" he called out.

"Each team should be finishing up by now." one of the two males that placed a large amount of salt on your beef stated while glancing at Chapelle who was sitting on the chair.

"We've only got the sauce left, too." the other said and directed his eyes back towards the pot.

"Let's wrap up—"

"Evaluation, please!" Soma said and walked towards Chapelle with a smile on his lips. Standing beside Soma, Hana glanced at the two students who looked really shocked while Megumi kept her head down and followed both Hana and Soma slowly.

"All done!" the red-haired male said with a wide smile, standing in front of Chapelle.

"No way....." the two students gasped lightly as Soma placed down the plate in front of the teacher. Hana untied her hair and let it spread back into your usual hairstyle but held onto the ribbon. There were few sighs heard they were ignored by Hana but not Soma. Chapelle raised the fork and recalled your team's accident before glancing at their dish. As the man pressed his fork onto the meat, a generous amount of juice was released, what amazed him was that the fork was springing back as it was pressed onto a sponge. His eyes widened while Megumi gasped in slight shock.