Chapter - 24

Soma's heart was racing as he stood there before shaking his head, he'll get her back for that, he pulled out the small basket and proceeded to take off his clothes, starting with his Yukihira uniform. 'That must be the reason, huh.....?' he said to himself and picked up the towel with a soft smile on his face.

"Oh, well." he tossed his last clothing into the basket. Soma tossed his towel over his shoulder.

"I'm gonna take my sweet time taking a bath," he said to himself, walking towards the translucent door that led to the bath.

"The first one in, here I come!" the red-haired male grinned widely, closing open the door.

His eyes grew wide at the sight in front of him. There was a man stretching his muscles in the bath. Surprise and slight disappointment were portrayed in his facial features. Surprise because the person who was currently having their bath, looked entirely terrifying. Disappointment because he wasn't the first person to be in the bath after all.

"Er....." Soma stuttered.

"Oh? The first one's here already?" he opened his eyes, not bothering to glance at Soma.

He was Dojima GIn, Totsuki Resort's Head Chef and Company Director.

"Sorry, stretching in the bath is part of my daily routine," Dojima added with a small smile.

That was when Soma thought.....' He's freakin' scary!' which is an uncharacteristic thought for him. But as quick as that thought came it was gone just as instantly. The next moment, he was already chatting with the older man.

"Man, I was all revved up thinking I'd be the first one in. I'm so disappointed!" Soma said with a smile, his hand resting on the side of the bath.

"Sorry about that." Dojima apologized and laughed.

"You are the first student in, so you'll have to take that as a win," he stated with a smile.

"I have to say, given last year and this year, the Academy has some very good students in the pipeline." Dojima placed his left hand on top of his right shoulder.

"Last year?" Soma had gotten curious about the topic.

"The task of preparing 50 servings has been simultaneously assigned at multiple locations. It's obvious who completed that task the fastest. Every year, I try to finish my bath and leave before students show up. But last year, there was a student who finished and showed up early, too." Dojima informed.

"Oh?" Soma grew amused.

"He's now the seventh seat in the Elite Ten," he said. 'It's someone I know!' Soma thought to himself.

"He seemed promising, as well," Dojima commented. Soma placed his hand under his chin, 'Huh. That sounds like Isshiki-senpai, all right. Hm?' Soma's thoughts wandered off for a bit, realizing something. 'Wait, so she finished up even earlier than me?' Soma said to himself, referring to Erina then thought of Hana who won their bet, even though it was only by a few seconds but they seemed to enjoy her cooking a lot as well and just like that his mind wandered off to the blue-eyed girl who seemed to be finding a way into his mind a lot lately but snapped out of it when-

"Speed isn't everything, but it's clear that there is skill involved," Dojima stated.

__________________________________

On the other hand, Hana soaked in the hot water relaxing while thinking about the next step, since she will have to get out and face Soma after the move she made. She huffed getting out feeling a little hungry now and she'd rather get out of here before others get back since she wanted to have dinner with Soma as much as she was embarrassed, she refused to lose the chance of having dinner with him alone. Should she act like nothing happened or is it time she does something about these emotions that she had been harbouring for so long. She decided it was time to girl up and finally do something about these feelings, she thought to herself as she dressed up into her nightwear. She held her used clothes in one arm while holding her ribbon in her hands as she traced the name engraved on the back of the charm with a fond smile on her face as she thought the memories linked to it. Happy and Sad.