Chapter 42- Applying for College

Leah's P.O.V

"So where do you think will be better to go?" I asked Blake. Right now we were at the kitchen table trying to figure out what colleges we wanted to go to, papers and books and folders and binders were spread out everywhere with pencils and pens, with our laptops in front of us. He shrugged, "What do you think?" He asked. I thought about it, "I'm really starting to like the idea of Oklahoma, but it's between that or Florida." I said. He nodded, "Which one is closer?" He asked. "Oklahoma, but there both still far away." I said. He nodded again as stared at his computer screen for a while. "Oklahoma seems cool." He said after a while. I smiled, "Cool, you wanna apply there? Because my cousins went there and they're the first cousins ever to go to the same school there in the same year (true fact) and I want to see the experiences they were telling me about." I said. He smiled, "Yeah, I like those stories, they made me look forward to going to college." He said. I nodded, "You ready?" I asked after we filled out the application. He took in a breath and let it out after a while and nodded as he glanced up at me. "Okay, one... Two..... Three!" We said at the same time and clicked send. We looked at each other, I smiled at him, and he returned the gesture. We look behind us and see dad in the doorframe smiling at us as well........ "What did you just make me do?" Blake asked us..........

(Two weeks later)

I run into the house excitedly. "Woah woah woah!" Dad laughed as I almost ran into him and he caught me. I waved the envelopes in his face with a smile on mine. "What's that?" He asked. "The results to me and Blake's college application." I smiled. He smiled as well. "Open them!" He said. I shook my head, "I can't, I have to wait until Blake and the rest of the crew gets here. They all applied for the same college as well, and we promised each other we would open them at the same time." I smiled. "But it's killing me!" I groaned. Dad laughed, just then the door opened and they all ran in with envelops, except Blake who ran up to me and took his envelope from my hand. "Hang on!" We heard moms voice. A short while later Mom, Alexis, and Amelia all come down, and mom is videotaping, a smile on her face. "Okay go!" She said. "On Alexis's signal." I said. Alexis smiled. "Go!" She said. We all tore open the envelopes, but left the actual paper that was inside folded once we pulled it out. We all exchanged nervous glances at each other, "On Amelia's signal." Sam said. We all looked at Amelia. "Go!" She giggled. We all unfolded it quickly and read the words on the paper that determines our future. We all looked at each other when we finished and all of a sudden, we all started screaming and jumping around, hugging each other, picking each other up, tears coming off of the girls faces a little bit from happiness, and the guys with their heads in their hands, we all did it. We all made it. Except.... Except we all noticed that Blake didn't say anything, he didn't do anything, he just stood there, a blank expression on his face, showing no emotion. We all got quiet and gave each other sad glances. Dad was the first one to speak up. He cleared his throat, "Blake I'm so sorry-" he was cut off by Blake. "This is why I didn't want to apply for the college Mr. Bieber!" He said loudly as he handed the paper to dad harshly, as he put his head in his hands and sat down, bringing his knees to his chest, covering his face. Dad looked so shocked and depressed at the same time, he read over the letter out loud. "This is an application to the college you applied to, Blake Lee, we are to inform you that you have been accepted." We all look at Blake, shocked. He brought his head out of his hands, and I see his eyes are sorta watery and red and puffy. He was smiling so hard, and was laughing. "I did it. I made it." He laughed. Dad walked over to him and threw the paper at him playfully. "Don't ever scare me like that again fool!" He yelled. Blake stood up. "IM GOING TO COLLEGE!" He yelled as he jumped up. "You see that?" He asked my mom as he held the paper to the camera, we all jumped with him and screamed and just let out all of our happiness......

Justin's P.O.V

"I freaking hate you dude!" I said as I sat next to Blake on the grass in our backyard, it was just me and him right now, everyone else was inside celebrating. He smiled, "No you don't." He said. I laughed, "Your a monster." I said as I rubbed my face, "That little stunt you pulled was-" "awesome." He finished. I laughed and so did he. "Thank you." He said after we stopped laughing. I looked at him. "For what?" I asked. "Pushing me. Helping me. Believing in me. Everything, just... Thank you." He finished. I smiled, "You know I'm here right? I'm here whenever you need me, just call me anytime, you have my number, I don't care what I'm doing or what it is that you need, I'll come. No matter what." I said. He smiled as he looked down at his hands. "Thanks Mr. Bieber, it really means a lot." He said. "I actually got a question for you." He said after a while. "Yeah?" I asked, looking at him now. He was looking down at his hands, like he was embarrassed or something. "Tomorrow is one of my most important basketball games, if we win, we go to championships. Everyone else's dad or brother or uncle is gonna be there, and I was wondering......" He trailed off. I smiled at him. "Of course I'll come to your game tomorrow." I said. He looked at me and smiled. I stood up, then helped him up, "You better win though, I wanna see you dunking on people." I joked. He laughed, "No problem." He said. I nodded towards the house, "Go celebrate, you've earned it." I said. He laughed and made his way to the house. "Oh by the way it's at seven o'clock!" He called. "Don't worry I'll be there!" I called back.

And the smile on his face that I caught right before he walked into the house, was the smile that I'll never forget......