Chapter 26- Paralyzed?

Justin's P.O.V

I wake up in a hospital room, and all the memories come back to me all at once. I try to sit up but it hurts, then I remember Leah was in the car with me, and that gave me the strength to sit up. I feel the pain rush through me and grit my teeth. "How are you feeling Mr. Bieber?" A nurse asked as she walked in. "In pain." I said. She nodded. "I know, I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling." She said as she changed my I.V. "Where's my daughter?" I asked her. "Your daughter?" She asked. "My daughter. My daughter Leah. Where is she?" I asked. She gave me a sad look and that's when I lost it. "WHERE IS SHE?!!" I screamed. "Mr. Bieber please calm down!" She said as I attempted to stand up. "WHERES MY DAUGHTER?!! WHERES LEAH?!!" I screamed. "Sir if you calm down I'll tell you everything!" She said. I froze and instantly calmed down and sat back down. "Where's Leah?" I asked through gritted teeth. "Your daughter is in medical care right now, the impact was big on her." She said. I felt my breathing speed up and start to get shaky. "Please don't tell me she got hit in the head?" I asked shakily. "She CANT get hit in the head to hard." I whispered. The nurse nodded. "I know sir, I don't think she got hit in the head, but I do know one thing." She said with a very sad expression. I started to panic. "What ?" I asked, scared to hear the answer. "Your daughter is paralyzed from the waist down." Were the words that broke me completely.....

(Three hours later)

The doctors finally got me to calm down, I haven't stopped crying or screaming for the whole three hours. But now I was just saying Leah's name over and over. "When can I see her?" I asked a doctor as he walked past me. He stopped to look back at me. "I don't know sir, but I'll try to ensure that the wait won't be long." He said with sad eyes. I just nodded. I put her in this situation. Now because of a stupid drunk driver, my daughter can't walk anymore, just the thought makes me cry again...
About two hours later, my pain is barely even noticeable because I'm so worried about Leah. Just as I was about to ask a nurse when I can go see my princess again, the doctor comes in and says I can see her. I immediately jump up from my hospital bed, and run to her room they told me she was in. I take. A deep breath when I get to her door and open it. I wish I hadn't though, the sight just broke my heart even more than it was. There she was, my princess was in a hospital bed with machines connected to her in several places. She looks at me when I walk in and gives me a weak smile. "Hey daddy." She said super quietly because of the machines surrounding her. "Hey princess." I whispered as I crouched down next to her bed and took her hand gently in mine. "I'm so sorry Babygirl." I cried. "Don't cry daddy, it could be worse." She said. "I could have just left the world completely. But I stayed daddy. I stayed because I know you would go insane, and I stayed because I have to look after Alexis and Amelia. Remember?" She asked. I smiled small and nodded, the tears still running down my face. "Daddy?" She asked quietly. "I'm right here baby." I said. "I want to go home." I heard her say. "I know baby, I want to go home to, but they have to clear you and sign you out." I whispered. "I just want to go home." She said. "I know." I said as I used my other hand that wasn't holding hers, to move a piece of hair off her forehead and tuck it behind her ear. "Daddy?" She asked again. "Yes baby?" I asked. "I can't feel my legs. I can't feel my legs or my feet or my toes. Why can't I feel them daddy?" She asked as she shifted her eye gaze to mine. My heart broke, I thought she knew. I swallowed hard. "B-baby." I stuttered, my voice cracking. "Y-your your." I couldn't even finish my sentence. I felt my tears come running down freely now. "Your-your p-par-paralyzed fr-from the w-waist d-down." I chocked on a sob. She cried as well. "Shh baby don't cry princess. Shh." I said as I wiped her tears away from her eyes. "Daddy. What about volleyball?" She asked. My heart broke EVEN more than it already was. She wanted to make it to the Olympics. "I don't know baby, let's worry about that later. Yeah?" I asked. She nodded, "okay." She cried. "Daddy?" She asked again. "Yeah baby?" "I'm scared daddy." She cried even more. I stood up straight and leaned over her bed and grabbed her head very gently with both of my hands on either side and bent my forehead down so it was touching hers and we were looking each other in the eyes. I kissed all her tears away, and I kissed every single place on her face, not leaving one place without a kiss. Then I kissed her nose one last time and looked her in her eyes again. "Don't be scared baby, I'm right here. Okay? Daddy's here princess. You don't have to be scared of anything. We'll get through this together alright?" I asked. "Okay." She said. I kissed her forehead again......

(Two weeks later)

I watch Leah rolled into the living room in her wheelchair. It broke my heart to see her like this, but I have to stay strong for her. She's missing school this first week because she's not ready. Alexis and Amelia already went to school and is there now. I see Leah reaching for her phone that was on the coffee table, but she couldn't reach because of the wheel chair. "Princess let me get it for you." I said. She hates when people try to help her, she wants to be independent and do everything she could do before, on her own. "I got it." She said as she continued to reach for it. After a while she was still doing it. "Baby please let me help you." I begged, not being able to stand to see her struggle. She just groaned and leaned back in her chair. I walked over to the coffee table, grabbed her phone, and handed it to her. "Thank you." She mumbled. "Your welcome princess." I said. I kissed her head. "I love you so much don't forget it." I warned. She nodded. "You want something to drink?" I asked. "Water." She said. I nodded and went into the kitchen to grab both of us a bottle of water. When I get back what I see shocks me......
I see Leah trying to get to the couch on the other side of the living room. She puts her arms on both of the armrests and stands up, but is leaning against the chair with her arms. She takes one step, then one more, then she collapsed. I rushed to her side and picked her up bridal style and sat her on the couch. Then I crouch down in front of her. "Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded. "Did you see that?" I asked. "See what?" She asked confused. "You just took two steps." I smiled. She looked really confused.

"Princess..... I don't think your completely paralyzed."