Chapter 17- Amelia

Leah's P.O.V

I couldn't believe that dad was gonna get another girl tomorrow! Right now we were at the store, buying things that she would need. "Daddy how old is she gonna be?" Alexis asked. "Um she is two, gonna be three soon." Dad answered looking down at Alexis. "Daddy I have a question." Alexis said as she was skipping beside daddy as he walked down the aisle and stopped when he got to the baby section for girls, he was looking at the high chairs and cribs and everything. "What is it baby?" He asked, still looking at all the equipment. "How come I don't have a mom?" She asked. Dad stopped looking at the stuff, and looked down at Alexis, who was right beside him and was looking up at him, waiting for his answer. "where's this coming from?" He asked. She shrugged, "All my friends have a mom AND a dad." She said, "How come I don't?" She asked. He sighed. "Because your daddy never found love I guess you could say was my answer. Or because I think that all my time and attention needs to be spent on you two girls, soon to be three." He said. "But wouldn't you be happy if you had a wife?" Alexis asked. "Alexis I'm happy with just you and Leah and your soon to be little sister, and I don't think I could be any happier." He said to her. "But IF you could? Would you?" She asked. Daddy kneeled down in front of her, and grabbed both her hands in his and looked up at her in her eyes. "Alexis are YOU happy baby?" He asked. "Are you happy with me?" He asked her. She nodded, and he smiled, "then as long as your happy I'm happy right? Because if your happy and I'm happy then that's a good thing right?" He asked. She nodded again. "Ok then." He said and kissed her forehead and stood up straight. He then walked over to me and grabbed my hands in his and looked me in the eyes. "Are YOU happy with me princess?" He asked. I nodded, "Good. Because if I'm happy and your happy and Alexis is happy, and your soon to be sister is happy, that's all we need right? We're all we need." He said. I nodded and he smiled. He kissed my forehead and let go of my hands and went back to looking at the equipment. "I'm happy. We're happy." He whispered to himself...

(The next day)

We were at the airport waiting for the social security worker to come and bring our new family member. After what felt like forever they finally called our flight that we were waiting for, on the intercom. Me and Alexis followed daddy to the gate and after a while, a lady in a suit came, holding a little pink blanket. She started talking to dad and after he signed papers and talked to her for a while, she smiled and handed the blanket over to dad which made him smile, she said goodbye to him as she went back on the plane and he smiled and said goodbye to her. He walked over to where me and Alexis were, looking down at the blanket the whole time, the biggest smile on his face. When he finally got to where we were, he looked up and smiled at us. "Let me see daddy!" Alexis said, sanding ok her tippy toes to try to peek at the baby. He lowered the blanket down and me and Alexis both looked inside to see her. She had lightish darkish brown hair, with pink plump lips, and a small nose, and just then her eyes fluttered open tiredly and she had beautiful light brown eyes that looked sorta like daddy's. Dad smiled and held her so her legs were wrapped around his waist and her arms were wrapped around his neck. "Hi sweetie!" He said in a baby voice. She just looked at him confused, but layed her head down on his shoulder. Dad smiled and rubbed her back. "Can we go now?" Alexis whined. Dad laughed and nodded and we all made our way outside and towards the car. "What's her name?" Alexis asked. "Amelia." Dad said with a smile. The name seemed to fit her perfectly. I got into the passengers seat and Alexis got in the back, while daddy buckled Amelia into the car seat we had bought for her. When he finished he kissed her head and shut the door and got into the drivers seat... After a while we pulled up to a baby store for amelia. We all stepped out of the car and daddy went and unbuckled Amelia, she smiled. "Dada!" She said happily. He smiled big and nodded. "Yes I'm your dada." He said happily. She smiled and wrapped her small arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. He kissed her head again and we all made our way inside the store. Once we got inside, dad began walking around with a basket, but he was still carrying Amelia. And one by one, items were put inside the basket until it was practically filled. We passed down the last aisle and Amelia saw something she liked. "Dada!" She said to dad. "What is it baby?" He asked, he set her down and she ran to a stuffed animal that was a bunny rabbit. She got it and hugged it close to her. Dad smiled, "you want the bunny Babygirl?" He asked as he picked her up again, her still carrying the stuffed animal. She nodded and hugged it close to her again. "Anything for you." Daddy said.