Chapter 14- 12 Years Later

Leah-15

Alexis-12

Justin-33

Leah's P.O.V

"You wanna go to the mall today?" My friend, Vanessa asked me as we walked to our lockers. "Sure. Who else is going?" I asked. "The crew." She said referring to our closest friends. I nodded, "yeah I'll call you later to pick me up though." I said. She nodded. Just then we saw Alex and Jessica walk by and rolled our eyes when they left. "I can't believe he used to be your best friend." Vanessa said to me. "I know, he was really cool and sweet in pre-k and kindergarten, but then Jessica had to come up and ruin our friendship." I said. Just then I felt arms wrap around my waist, "hey best friend." Someone said. I turned around and faced Sam, my best friend since kindergarten. I smiled at him. "Hey." I said back. "Are you going to the mall with us later?" He asked. "I don't know yet." I said. "You need to go!" He whined. I laughed. "I'll have to ask my dad." I said. "You mean your daddy?" Blake said, walking up to us. I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Shut up!" I laughed at him. Everyone laughed as well. Just then the bell rang to go home. "Ok I'll call you later." Vanessa said. And then her and Sam and Blake walked down the hall, while I walked down the opposite hall, because my dad picks me up. When I get outside, I see my dads car and make my way towards it. When I get into the passengers side, I shut the door and put my seatbelt on. "Hey princess!" Daddy said to me. "Hey daddy!" I said. "How was school?" He asked as he pulled out of the parking spot he was in. "Boring." I said. "Can I go to the mall later with Vanessa and the crew?" I asked. He sighed, "I don't know princess." He said to me. "Please daddy?! Please please please!" I begged and faked pouted. He looked over at me, then back at the road. "Fine." He groaned. I smiled and hugged him from the side. "Thank you daddy!" I said. "Yeah yeah okay." He laughed. Then he pulled into Alexis school, and we see her standing there, when she sees the car she smiled and made her way over towards us. She got in the backseat, and me and daddy looked back at her. "Hey baby! How was school?" He asked. "It was fun dad! We learned a lot of new things!" She said happily. Dad looked over at me, "Why do you guys have to be completely opposite of eachother?" He smiled and pulled out of the parking space and we made our way home. "Well, you know what they say, opposites attract!" I said. Daddy laughed and continued driving, after about another minute we pulled up to our house and we all got out. When we got to the front door, daddy unlocked it and we stepped in. I went up to my room, and got dressed in some white shorts, a purple hoodie, and black hightops. Then I put my hair in a messy bun, just then I heard my phone ring. I looked down at it to see that it's Vanessa. I answered it, "Are you coming?" She asked. "Yeah he said yes." I said. "Alright we'll be there in ten minutes." She said. "Okay bye." "Bye" she finished and hung up. I go downstairs to see Alexis and Daddy down there on the couch. "Where are you going?" Alexis asked me. "The mall." I said and sat down on the opposite couch from her and daddy. "Can I come?" She asked. "No." I said and looked over at daddy. "Hey Alexis, how about me and you go do something today? Just the two of us baby." He said. "Okay!" She said. He smiled and laughed lightly while bringing her close to him and nuzzling her head with his nose which made her laugh and pull away and daddy laughed to. Just then, my phone buzzed and I look to see a text from Vanessa saying that they're here already. I stood up. "Ok, I'm leaving now, have fun on you guys day." I said and walked out the front door. I make my way to the car waiting for me and open the door to the backseat and everyone in there. I get in beside sam and close the door. "You guys ready?" Vanessa asked. "Yeah." We all said. "Ok, let the fun begin."she said...

(Two hours later)

"Let's eat!" I whined. They all laughed. "Ok let's go." They said. We soon found a table, and sat down and Sam sat next to me while Vanessa sat down in front of me and everyone else around us. "What do you want to eat?" Sam asked me. "Chinese." We both said at the same time which made me laugh and Sam to smile. I was about to get up but Sam stopped me. "I got it." He smiled at me. I smiled back and he went to go get my food. I turned around to see Vanessa and Gabby looking at me strangely. "What?" I asked. "He likes you." Vanessa said. "Your crazy, no he doesn't." I said. "You seriously don't know?" Gabby said. "Know what?!" I asked. "Dude he LIKES you!" Gabby said. "No he doesn't." I argued. "He's just my best friend." I said. Jut then Sam came up with my food and his. He sat down next to me and handed me my food. "Thanks." I said. "No problem." He said. Pretty soon every one had their food and we were all eating. "It's getting late, I think we should start heading home." Blake said. We all nodded in agreement, so when we all finished, we headed to the car and Vanessa began driving. "So when do you get your license?" Sam asked me. "I don't know when I'm sixteen I guess." I said. Just then we pulled up to my house. "Ok, bye guys!" I said getting out the car. "Bye!" They said, then pulled out the driveway. I walked into the house, and walk into the living room to see daddy and Alexis sitting down watching tv. "So how was your day?" I asked. "It was fun! Me and dad went swimming, and then played games, and then watched a movie!" Alexis said. "Sounds like you guys had fun." I smiled. "Yeah, we wished you could have been there though." Daddy looked up at me. "Sorry." I said. "It's fine princess, at least I still had my little baby with me." He said and tickled Alexis, making her laugh. "Why don't you go shower, then we can all watch a movie?" Daddy asked me. I nodded, when I got out the shower and got dressed in some sweats, I go downstairs and we all watch a movie...

When the movie ended, Alexis was already in bed, asleep, and it was just me and daddy. "Daddy?" I asked him, since me and him were cuddling. "Yes princess?" He asked me, pulling me closer to his side. "When can I get my license?" I asked, bitting my lip, waiting for his answer. "When I think your ready." He answered. "Well when will I be ready?" I asked him. "I don't know." He sighed. "Daddy you can't keep me from getting my license!" I said to him. "I can if I want to." He said. "Dad!" I said loudly. "Leah, I told you, when I'm ready you can start driving." He said. "But dad, that's not fair! You tought uncle Jaxon how to drive!" I said. "Yeah because I think he was ready." He said to me. "And you see how aunt Jazmyn STILL hasn't driven yet?" He reminded me. "But she will soon!" I said. "Yeah okay, I'm not teaching her any time soon." He chuckled. "Why?" I asked getting frustrated. "Because." He said. "Because WHY?" I asked frustrated. "Because all of you girls are going to grow up and as soon as you get your license, your just gonna drive away, and maybe one day you might not come back. As soon as you get your license, your gonna leave and your gonna forget about me and I won't have anything left." He whispered. "Daddy." I whispered. "What makes you think we're gonna leave? We're always gonna be here. And I promise that I will never forget about you!" I said. He hugged me close to him. "Okay princess, tomorrow we can go and teach Jazmyn."

"I just don't want to see her leave me." I heard him whisper against my head and felt a tear hit the top of my head...