Continuance Of Tribulation

"I am sorry, after surgery I had to talk with dad regarding his condition. So, there was delay. I had to make sure everything was in place before heading out to pick you up. It took eight hours for the surgery" He begs for my pardon as soon as I took the seat beside him.

Ohh! How could I forget, given in which condition Yibo's mom was, he was his only family now. He sure had to make everything fall into place before stepping out. The thing that there was no one with him at the present struck me harder. "Don't worry! I am with him. I won't let anything happen to that jerk! He always acts on his impulses without thinking of consequences." As if sensing my inner turmoil he voiced out further, and I just nodded. Because, even if I motioned anything, he would hardly get the words behind it.

"Let's buy you something to wear. They look quite... doesn't it sting?" he enquired looking at my feet which was resting on the soft leather mat of his car. I nodded at his offer and he pulled over at Nike showroom.

"What's your size?" he asked before going, and I showed him 10 fingers. "Okay. Sneakers will do?" he asked, and I nodded before fishing out my wallet. "No need as of now. You can return it later. Just wait here." He said as he stepped out.

Within 10min he was back with a box of sneakers. Getting into the driver seat, he thrusts that box towards me. "Wear them." He said.

What I expected was normal shoe but when I opened the box it was white sneaker with broader support inside. I glanced at him, planning to thank him for it. "No need, it should comfort your legs within. You walked around 7.6Km with bare feet. I will let you off since this isn't the time for nagging." He said as he turned on the engine.

The drive to the hospital was rather a pin drop silence, which was piercing right through my equanimity.

Dropping me towards the entrance, he went towards the basement to park his car. And without waiting for him, I ambled my way in towards his suite. Each taken step somehow felt heavier than previous. And with that come the excruciating heartache. How am I supposed to look at him under this condition? His ever handsome face which never creased to make my heart flutter at every time he looked at me, was now marred with bruises. Am I strong enough to face him? His situation? I found myself asking the same question over and over again.

"Get a grip on your emotions. You will see him in his worst condition." A voiced snapped me out of my misery. I looked around to see Arthur making his way towards me. I looked at him, blankly. I have lots to ask along with plenty of begging to support me for standing straight in this wavering condition. At the same time, I feel like nothing, everything is numb. It's like nothing ever happened to him, he is doing fine in real world, and I am dealing with my own nightmare. The nightmare where I am not even sure about his condition and all things are hazy, but there is still hope. A hope of listening to his voice calling for me, and smiling at me once he wakes up. However, little did I know the next set of words coming out from Arthur will crush down that little hope into vestiges.

"Doctor said if he doesn't show any sign of waking up in given three hours of time, there is high chances of him entering into the state of coma." He informed, and I looked at him in sheer horror marring my face. Were the injuries that serious? And it was when I question myself to recall what doctor was explaining that time, I was reminded that aside from his blood group I haven't taken anything in. My mind literary failed to register what was being transpired that time.

"He broke his left leg, there is a head injury caused due to iron rod, the bullet wound on his right arm, two broken ribs and the recent internal bleeding. There is also swelling in his kidneys and left part of his liver. And there are many minor injuries too. He had to undergo open heart surgery because of the damage that jagged edge of broken bone has caused. His heart is fragile right now. His current pain is something which we cannot even imagine, so his body going into the state of rest won't be any surprise." As if comprehending my gaze, Arthur explained. Isn't that painful enough for his heart to explain it to me? How much courage does this guy has to even strengthen his heart to explain me the agonising situation?