Broken Glass

It had just stopped snowing and a slight ray was sunshine was shining brightly on the snowy surface. Putting on the muffler, Xiao Zhan heaved a breath as he looked at the big ginkgo tree covered in snow. After three days of continuous snow, he could finally step out to take a stroll.

Donning an oversized down jacket, Xiao Zhan opened the back door of his house which led straight into the backyard. In a few days, even winter will pass by. He held his tummy while walking carefully on the path covered by snow. The destination was that ginkgo tree that had finished severing every leaf and now is covered in snow.

As he gazed at the ancient tree, as usual, a fragment of scenes started running through his mind. Somehow these fragmented scenes felt like it was his own memories. But he couldn't define it in words. Maybe it was regarding the power he received from that old lady. Or maybe in his past life, he actually knew that lady Ming-er... in either case, these pieces of events strangely felt like he had lived those memories in some other dimension.

It is said that this tree is known for keeping one's memory strong. It symbolizes resilience and longevity. Ever since he shifted to his house, the Xiao Mansion, his all anxiety regarding Wang Yibo vanished into thin air. Just standing underneath this tree could bring the peace of mind he had been seeking for so many years. Before he could close his eyes and succumb to the memory land of the power he was holding, there was a voice behind him.

He turned around with a smile for he knew who the person could be.

Arthur stood there with his hand full of shopping bags. As he approached, his brows furrowed. The words followed soon after, "What are you doing here? Don't walk out in the cold."

Trotting towards the mute person, he placed the bags on the ground and began to take off his down jacket. Securely draping Xiao Zhan in another jacket, Arthur took the bags again. "Let's go inside."

"Is ShenShen here?" Xiao Zhan signed. And Arthur shook his head. "It's really cold outside. He is with Alina."

"How is ZiXi doing?" Xiao Zhan continued. And Arthur replied as they walked back into the house, "She is good. We are planning for her 100 days."

"How are you? Did Dr. Heo visit you for your routine check-up?" Arthur asked, and Xiao Zhan simply nodded. "Any news about him?" Xiao Zhan asked back.

"Not yet." A tinge of disappointment was rather clear in Arthur's voice.

"Thank you." Xiao Zhan replied regardless. It's been seven months since he hasn't heard about Wang Yibo. If only he hadn't left with his family seven months back, nothing like this could have happened. If only he had seen the CCTV footage that Arthur had sent four years back, he wouldn't have been standing here alone.

"Don't always be near that tree. What did you see this time?" Arthur asked as he held the door for Xiao Zhan to enter inside.

"Nothing. You appeared as soon as the vision started."

"I don't understand why you are having these visions. Is your house haunted in some way?" Arthur asked curiously as if he was asking this for the first time. But Xiao Zhan who was yet to put these bits and pieces together remained silent.

"I have prepared some gifts for her 100 days. I will let Uncle Xu deliver it later." Xiao Zhan diverted the topic fluently and Arthur shook his head, replying, "You don't have to do so much."

"If he was here, he too would have done the same thing. Perhaps more than this. I have seen him with ShenShen. He really loves kids. Only if..." Xiao Zhan replied honestly, but as the thought of if pierced his mind, he really couldn't continue. It wasn't envy, neither it was regret. At this point in his life, where he knew what was going to happen to him after a few more months, he just wanted to look at that person for the last time. It doesn't matter whether Wang Yibo forgives him or not. As long as he can see him, his mind will be at ease.