Unexpected Sweet Start

Xiao Zhan’s POV

It’s been two months since I ever visited Jiang Cheng’s University again. Not even for handing the lunch box. I left that work to our driver, as I don’t want to see his face again. No! I want to see him again, but afraid of showing myself.

I don’t want to face rejection. It’s better to remain idle, as long as I can see him from far.

There are thousands of beautiful thought to get distracted but in the end mind and heart choose to go back to that one toxic thought again and again.
The thought of him. The thought of being with him.

Only him

Ambling my way out through the south gate of my University, I started tracing the whereabouts of my driver when my sight landed on the familiar figure, standing beside his car whilst covering his face with a mask.

Scratching my head, I smiled inwardly at my foolishness of high suppositions. He cannot be here.

Turning on my heels, I decided to walk further by the time my driver arrives. With a few steps that I took, I was yanked back holding my wrist. Turning my head over my shoulder, I peered at the person holding my wrist.

It was the same masked man. That’s… him.

I don’t have to look at the face to identify the person who owns my heart, a single look is enough to clinch.. it’s him.

The question wasn’t how he came here, it was why he came. Am I ready for the next misfortune?

I desired to ask, but he doesn’t know my language. He ain’t belong to my world, neither I belong to his. We are destined to set on our own.

Perhaps my gaze transpired what I couldn’t through my words and he replied with something which I haven’t anticipated. “Let me move in with you in your world.”

With a perplex expression on my face I raised my hand to signal him, “That’s difficult. You ain’t meant for this world.”  Yet, what came as in reply were not his voice but the sign language stating, “I have learnt how to survive in that world with you. I ought nothing but your company.”

That’s something I have never predicted or dare to predict. This was it. My dream.

I couldn’t ask for more. He has done more than what this heart ever desired from someone.

Something of his triggered me, and I couldn’t mask my curiosity any longer, ended up asking, “Where were you for the past two month?” I was preparing my heart for the worst when his reply came crashing that preparation down, “I was waiting for your arrival at my University whilst learning your language to converse with you.” I left frozen at his answer.

“You can speak to me, I can listen.” I stated nonchalantly and what he gave as in response made my knees weaken and my heart flutter. “You can hear mine, but I cannot hear yours. How am I supposed to understand what your sign language conveys?”

He worked hard just to be with me, just to fathom my ways of communication. How can I say no to him?

“Coffee?” his voice brings my spirit back and I just nod in response before averting my gaze to look for certain someone.

“I asked you driver to leave. I’ll drop you home.” He replies as if he knew whom my sight was seeking.

“How did you know my driver and my university?” I asked, to which he simply smiled before responding, “It’s a long story. We have life ahead of us to discuss about it.”