Shouldering The Responsibilities

Zhan’s POV

Holding a tray full of food, he ambles his way towards me. “You cannot eat from this since you said you don’t want anything.” He warns placing the tray on our table before taking his seat.

Wanting to show him that his warning doesn’t affect me, I lifted the Piadina, took a bite, and placed it back. I grinned cheekily and he smirked before lifting the Piadina, and taking another bite from the place I took.

Fuck! Is it considered as indirect kiss?

“Let me drop you home.” He states. I just nodded before enquiring back, “Want me to accompany you in hospital? I have my off day today.” I informed.

“Sure, why not?” he winks.

After our perfect breakfast date, we moseyed towards the hospital. Summoning someone over a phone call, he opened the car door for me.

“Get in.” he instructed, and like an obedient child I followed him.

“If your driver isn’t available at any given time, please feel free to call me.” He says bringing dead engine to life.

I smiled. Am I important to him? Or is he same with everyone? I wouldn’t dare to fathom it. Let it be how it is.

 Let it be how it is

Yibo’s POV

I still want him to feel comfortable around me to share his dark past. I don’t know when that time will arise, but I shall gladly wait for its arrival. I don’t know how to or what to name this feelings I have for him, but I know that he is someone I would like to cherish forever.

I didn’t know for how long I have been driving in a daze, but when he placed his hand on my hand, I looked at him with confused look.

“What is it?” I asked when his concerned eyes meet mine.

“Are you okay?” he signalled.

“Yes of course.” I assured him, and he retracted his hand back. It was smooth. I want to hold it again. Brushing my thoughts off, I again concentrated on the driving. I know his house, The Jiang’s Mansion.

“So how long you have been staying with Jiang’s?” I probed and glanced at him to see if he will answer to this question of mine.

His face stood still, deprived of any emotions. Neither had he intended on answering. With a sigh, I averted my gaze in the front. I cannot force him.

I pulled over at the entrance gate of The Jiang’s Mansion.  I took my phone which was ringing few minutes ago.

It was a call from Mon’s secretary. I called her back, and within two rings she received it. Without greetings I asked, “What is it?”