An Untold Intimacy

"Ajussi, Xiao Eya is hungry. Mama is busy. Talking talking talking." She pouted. And the person smiled sweetly at her. "Didn’t mama give—" before he could complete his query the girl shook her head.

"Mama just wipe me and put this." the girl informed him tugging at her cute pink frock. Wang Yibo nodded at her as he crouched down to match their height. "Mama must be too busy. Where is she?" he asked and the girl pointed her tiny finger towards the door of the conference room.

"Does the baby want to eat something?" he asked as he extended his arms to pick the cutie pie standing afore him. He got the reason behind it. The said lady in question had said she was here for some important work so they didn’t get time to have anything in their hotel aside from just freshening up and heading here. The flight journey alone would be tiring for the child and on top of that she was hungry. He got it that the mother must have asked her to endure it for a while as she cannot afford to leave her alone nor can she keep the work aside.

"Eya wants to eat dry wontons by dadda." The little girl chirruped and suddenly Wang Yibo started having crises. He too loved dry wontons made by certain someone. Does her father prepare them the same way as that of him for her to like it?

"Where is your dadda?" he asked, and the girl made a face as if she was about to cry at any given instant.

"Dadda no come. Mama say I.. that book and he not come with us." She sobbed as she remembered the incident that happened when they were about to set out with their luggage. Her father was holding her with one hand, and with the other hand he was dragging the trolley bag which had her and his wife’s clothes. Her mother was searching for something and then came yelling at her for scribbling on some book which she accidentally found in her parents' room.

"Book?" Wang Yibo asked.

"Hmm, that had dadda. He look beautiful." The child informed and Wang Yibo’s first thought was, ‘She probably did something with her dad’s passport. And that’s why her mother has to struggle with handling stuff here. But why didn’t she keep her at home instead of bringing her here?’

"I love mama. When mama is not with Xiao Eya, Xiao Eya miss mama lot." She continued fiddling with her tiny fingers, and Wang Yibo smiled as he got his answer. This sticky sweet potato must have thrown tantrums to follow her mother here.

"I will bring you out to the restaurant. You can order things there, yeah?" he asked as he got up on his feet holding the child in his arms.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"But ajussi, Xiao Eya can walk."

"But I like holding Xiao Eya."

"Xiao Eya is heavy."

"Xiao Eya is very light."

The duo went down to the ground floor before heading towards the nearby restaurant. On his way back, he also took the phone he had handed over at the reception desk.

On the other hand, Xiao Qing ordered someone to call Attorney Qu. There was a loud whispering from the press side. Both the father and son were sitting quietly as they did not understand what was going on. They had prepared for their doom before stepping out from the house. But now looking at the confidence of the lady, Mr Jiang was sure that she was up to something good.

However, his son, Jiang Cheng was just looking blindly at the lady standing on their side, whisper talking with someone as if she owns this business. He knew her. She was the only friend of Xiao Zhan who went missing after her graduation. He had tried to contact her in order to ask for Xiao Zhan’s whereabouts. Now that he thinks of it, do they both go missing at the same time? How was she related to Xiao corporation? How can she handle things like she actually learnt business and not arts? Little did he know for the almost two years that Xiao Zhan was in a coma; it was her who handled things in their newly established studio on her own. Single handed, without anyone’s help. If there was something for those two years then those were only obstacles which were hard to come across with the child. She learnt these things by experience and suffering on her every step. Now that her husband was taking the lead, all she had to do was to heed his advice before acting.