Commencement

Zhan's POV

Motioning him that I am going, I started walking towards the door. Once my silhouette disappears from his sight, I missed his sigh and piece of words followed by it. 'I am sorry Zhan. I have to do this. There is no way I will let you be with that monster.'

After getting the slice of information from Jiang Cheng's perspective, I gotta know that Wang Yibo is someone who cannot be trusted. However, there is a major conflict going on between my mind and my heart. And I don't want either of them to win.

My heart still favours him. Yet my mind is in utter contradiction with my innocent heart. God!! How am I supposed to deal with this situation? Did he rape Jiang Cheng's girlfriend? How did he get the information about me? I remember not even mentioning my name on our first meet.

I don't know for how long I was contemplating on this, but my mind was stirred out from the stupor when Shijie's voice sounded behind the door. "Ah-Zhan, dinner is ready!"

Quickly getting up from my bed I strode towards my bathroom. I don't want Shijie to see me like this. Washing my face and adorning it with one of the cutest smile, I opened my room's door and made my way downstairs.

Knowing that I am on my way to join them on dining table, she started serving in my plate. Though I don't have parents now, I don't feel lonely. Uncle Jiang and Shijie have replaced them.

Taking my seat next to Shijie and opposite to Jiang Cheng, I smiled at Uncle Jiang. "Ah-Zhan, are you okay?" Shijie enquired, and I looked at Jiang Cheng, because it should be him who lost his love. However, he nodded at me implying he is okay, and hence I replied, "Everything is fine Shijie."

"Ah-Zhan, your lunch box is on the dining table

"Ah-Zhan, your lunch box is on the dining table. Don't forget to take it along." Shijie voiced out from downstairs.

Fuck! I am late. A thought of certain someone was infuriating my mind for the whole fucking night. Quickly getting into some decent cloths, I treaded outside, of course forgetting my lunch box.

As soon as I stepped inside the car, we set out. It's the last month of my student's life. After the exams which are around the corner of this month, I will no longer be a student of this University. I am yet to decide what I am going to do after my graduation.

Driver made sure that I was on the time. As usual, A-Qing was waiting for me at the entrance. We greeted each other and walked in.

One by one, lectures goes with a blink of eyes and the lunch break arrives. It's when I rummage through my bag, did I realise I forgot my lunch box at home. I looked at A-Qing dolefully, and she comprehended my thoughts.

"Let's go out today." She stated sliding her lunch box in.

"No. You shouldn't waste your food." I warned her, and she smiled with a nod. She is an orphan, who got into this university through scholarship, and for her daily expense, she is working as a part time waitress in a café shop. I know she work hard just for a single meal, and wasting it because of me, is just not right.