Onset Of Consternation

Zhan's POV

Ignoring his warning, I decided not to call driver and follow him in shadows. I want to know what he is up to! I called out for waiter, only to know he paid the bill before going out.

Crossing the threshold of the restaurant, I fell into the predicament. In which direction to proceeds? Taking the situation into the consideration, I can still see his car parked in front of the restaurant. So where is he?

Listening to my heart I stepped in towards a dark alley. Somehow I can sense that something is not right. Following narrow path of alley, I was engulfed into the darkness of night. Not a single star is present to adorn this dark sky today.

Quickly yet in a steadier pace I stepped in the direction of commotion. Some constant swearing and grunts were disturbing the peace. Soon the alley opened in the open space, leaving the residential blocks behind.

The commotion which was going on metres away could still be heard vaguely. However, I am not sure if Yibo is there. As I walked further, the voices began to clear.

"You asshole! Touch him once and I shall turn you into a human stick! You jerk! What you think of yourself? Will I let you off if you even think of him?" a coarse voice thundered.

It him. his voice.

He is here.

Probably.. Fighting!

I increased my pace to catch up with them. I don't want him to fight and get hurt.

The moment my sight becomes clear, I froze.

He is fighting like an elite fighter. Beating the shit out of 6 people at once. What is he? A gangster? Why are they after him? who are they?

Before I could finish thinking and deducing any possibility, I was held back in two strong arms.

Fuck! I hissed in pain.

I tried struggling my way out, and soon another person comes into vicinity and blocks my movement. My body is completely restrained with their hands.

"Boss! We have someone here!" one of the person shouted, and whole of the gang which was fighting with Wang Yibo like they were on the battlefield, abruptly stopped before turning their heads in my direction.

I didn't care about others. What bothered me the most is he? His reaction!

"What the fuck? Did you sell your mind somewhere? Or being mute took away your hearing capacity too? Cannot you understand a mere human language? For fuck's sake, would you have lost something if you had just listened to me?" he yelled. I never saw this side of him. Moreover, he never talked to me in this way, this tone. I looked at his dark orbs, mouthing a sorry. I doubt if he could read my lips in this darkness.

"Sorry? You dared to say sorry here? Why didn't you just listen to me? Is this the place you can randomly walk in like you're strolling in a park? Are you dumb?" he yelled again whilst reducing the distance between us. From here, I could see his dark orbs clearly. The vague feeling which I saw at first, has now defined itself into the feeling of fear. Fear of losing someone. He is afraid. Is he afraid of losing me?

"Look at me! Why are you here?" his tone softens a bit. There is something he is up to. What is it? I cannot fathom it.

"Hold him back!" their boss ordered, and before his subordinated could comprehend the order, two gun shots were heard.