Confusion

Zhan’s POV

Bringing me towards his park car, he halted beside the front passenger door. I don’t know why is he waiting, is it going to open on its own? My train of thoughts stills when he leans near the window, with still holding me in his arms. Ain’t he tired of holding me? Don’t I have any weight?

He knocks on the window, and soon the black window slides down, unveiling a beautiful lady. With a perplexed look, the lady’s blank eyes seek mine.

“Erica, would you mind scooting over to the back seat?” he asks. No, it sounded more like a command, and not like a request.

Erica? The name sounds familiar.

Ahhh! His new fling? Wasn’t she the one who called him twice? He even summoned her at his place.

Without uttering a single word, she got up and held the car door open for him to place me inside. She waited outside until she gets an order to get in. After buckling my seat belt, he turn around to face her, “What? ain’t you getting in?” he asked her. And with a nod she turns around to face me. She smiled blissfully before bowing in respect.

Once getting a nod of acknowledgement from me, she opened the back door and quickly took her seat behind.

I was left with baffled expression. What just happened? Wasn’t she is girlfriend? Why did he ask her to move on the back seat?

I was on my own world when something landed on my lap. A chocolate bar. I looked at the source and there he stood; holding the car door whilst smiling charmingly.

In an instant all my restriction my mind put on my heart vanished into thin air. I cannot resist him. He is becoming an exception to every rule of mine. Ahh god! What am I going to do?

“I know you are hungry. For now, cushion your tummy with this. We shall grab something to eat on the way.” He said before shutting the door.

Soon he gets into the driver seat and brings the dead engine to life. I glanced at the lady sitting on the back seat. I wanted to ask him about her. However, as if clairvoyantly, he comprehends what my mind is up to and voice out, “She is Erica. Mom’s secretary. And now that I took over, she is working for me.”

Damn fuck! She was his secretary? That means they were talking about work yesterday? What was I thinking so far?

“What you want to eat?” he asks, and I glanced at the lady again, before shaking my head.

“Ahh she? She wants to see mom. I was on my way to hospital, so I asked her to tag along.” He explains. With a nod, I started unwrapping chocolate bar. Taking a bite of it, I glanced at him.

His ethereal face was focused on the road ahead. God! No matter however strong my resolution was, in front of him, everything creases to exist. The more I stay with him, the more I am falling for him.

I was in my reverie that I forgot to notice when his hand clasped my wrist. “hmmm?” I looked at him inquisitively, and he beamed before mouthing, “Feed me”

Thump thump, Thump thump, Thump thump, Thump thump, Thump thump.

Fuck! No! No! No! Don’t beat so stridently. He might hear them. For pete’s sake, stop!

I was internally screaming at my heart for beating so violently, and he spoke up “I can hear them.”

Fuck! That’s it. I looked at him imperturbably, hiding all my restlessness. “Your heart beats, I can still hear them.” He clarified, and I am at loss of words.