Meeting You

Few hours later Wang Yibo finds himself waiting for his delayed flight with Eriya on his lap, showing him her drawings which were clicked by her father. By listening to how her father dotes her, Wang Yibo doesn't understand why the toddler complained about her dad not talking to her.

She was scrolling through her father's phone when her family photo came onto the screen. "Ahjussi, this dadda." The girl said, tapping her finger on Xiao Zhan's face and Wang Yibo hummed behind her, not actually looking at what the girl was showing after 1000ths of pictures. The child was just enthusiastic, he thought while leaning his body on the bench, waiting for Arthur to bring his coffee.

To be honest, he did not want to go to Canada. He had been there before with Arthur, for the same reason on top of that. They didn't find Xiao Zhan there. It was around a year back.

"Ain't you getting bored by listening to her incomprehensible babbling?" Arthur asks standing behind their bench, lowering his hand with a cold coffee can in front of his best friend. "It keeps me occupied." He just shrugged it off as it uncapped it before gulping down the content.

"Where's her mother?" Arthur asks as he takes a seat beside his friend.

"There. Attending someone on the work call. By the look of it, it probably must be some last moment handing over which got delayed because they are in China." Wang Yibo said, caressing the toddler's head with his free hand. The girl was still talking about her other drawing, and Wang YIbo without actually listening to her was encouraging her with his occasional hum and some nice in general compliment.

"Dadda the best. He draw this." She turned 180 degrees this time to shove the screen on Wang Yibo's face. And this time Wang Yibo had to see what she was showing.

And he couldn't take his eyes off the sketch. He has seen this before. "Ahjussi, this is same." The toddler said looking at the eyes on the sketch and comparing it with that of a living person.

'I've drawn a sketch of your eyes. Look at this, how is it?'

"You like it Ahjussi? I ask dadda to make more." She chirped when she took in the appearance of Wang Yibo. His face was that of a person who finally got a hope of water in the desert. Could it be his Xiao Zhan? Are they really in touch with his love? He was so occupied with the sketch that he didn't hear how the girl addressed the artist.

"Oh, I am so sorry for this. Let's board?" the lady's voice snaps his attention, and that's when he realises he was in daze. Listening to the announcement, Arthur was already up with their luggage to walk towards the boarding gate. He shook his head as the child climbed down his lap and followed her mother with tiny steps. Both were discussing about her father who will wait for them at the airport the next day.

 Both were discussing about her father who will wait for them at the airport the next day

When the flight landed, Arthur asked their man to follow Xiao Qing while they themselves chose to stay behind and take a stroll on the airport to avoid any suspicion.