[f] He Tries to Confess His Feelings For You

Imagine type: fluff

Warning: none

———

There wasn't an easy way to describe the relationship you had with JJ. It was like a game of some sort, like chess. Every move that was made would eventually come back to haunt you, and that's exactly what happened to JJ.

A couple years ago, when your feelings for him had accidentally been confessed, he'd made sure to let you know that he, in no way, reciprocated them. He was a good guy, though. He let you know in private, and didn't speak of the incident with anyone.

Since then, your feelings had more or less faded and you accepted that he only wanted a friendship. Things had been awkward at first, especially for the crew, but over time it all got better.

Part of you always wondered if at some point he did have feelings for you. He didn't seem to treat you the same compared to any other girl, but maybe it was just your over thinking.

But of course, you'd gotten over him.

"You're staring at him again," Kie's voice broke the silence between you two and you broke out of your trance, looking at her. She stared back at you with bored eyes, taking a sip of her smoothie.

You both sat in a small booth at the Wreck. It had been chill until JJ and a couple other friends you didn't recognize walked in. Obviously he had stolen your attention.

"What do you mean?" You tried to play it off, a not so subtle blush coming to your face. It wasn't that embarrassing, but this wasn't the first time this has happened, and Kie would know.

"You're still not over him?" She asked softly, playing with her straw.

"I wasn't even looking at him," you lied easily, leaning back into the cushion of the booth seat. "He just happened to be standing there when I glanced over."

"Mm, okay, well your 'glance' lasted two whole minutes, so I don't know what you're-"

"All right, I get it," you sighed and a smile broke out on Kie's face.

"You should tell him." Your head snapped to look at her and Kie must've been laughing at the fear in your eyes.

"The only thing worse than getting rejected once, is getting rejected twice."

"You don't know that he'll reject you, though," Kie reasoned and you shook your head again.

"You said that last time," you cocked your head with a smile. "We all know how that went." Just then, your eyes narrowed in on a girl, her hands brushing softly against JJ's arms.

His eyes connected momentarily with yours and you offered a small smile before looking away. At least he was too busy with other friends to come over to you.

You thought.

"Why is he coming over here?" You asked through gritted teeth, panic in your voice when you see JJ and his mystery girl striding over to your table.

"I am... unsure," Kie shrugs and turns in her seat to get a look at the two, an equal amount of discomfort showing on her face.

"Hey Kie," JJ says, completely ignoring your existence. "Would you mind making a couple smoothies for my friends and I?"

"I'm here too," you muttered, but not a glance was spared your way.

"I'm off duty right now," Kie replies and nods towards the girl. "You guys dating?" She asks bluntly and you see a blush creep up the girl's cheeks.