[f] Dancing in the Kitchen

Imagine type: fluff

Warning: none

———

You picked up the brown popcorn bag filled with whatever remnants that had not been eaten.

The end credits of the movie started to play in the background as you began to tidy the living room in preparation for bed.

JJ closed the blinds and folded up the blankets you had hastily pulled out of the closest earlier because it had been so cold in the house.

"You're really going to clean this all up now," JJ asked you as if in disbelief, watching you collect dishes off the wooden coffee table.

"Have you met my parents?" You asked rhetorically, stacking cups and dishes on top of one another to make the journey to the kitchen a bit easier, JJ following behind with empty packets.

Before you could even place the dirty dishes in the sink, JJ grabbed your wrist, a cheeky smile playing at his lips.

"What are you doing?" You asked him. "I'm right here, you don't have to pull me back."

"Let's dance," he answered bluntly and you immediately shook your head.

"I don't dance," you shrug your shoulders.

"Why? No one will even be able to see how bad you are."

JJ winces when you slap his arm with a dish towel in your hands.

"As much as I want to," you start, pulling away. "We have to clean up."

"But this is my favourite song," JJ whines, a sweet melody playing from the tv, which was still rolling the credits.

You cross your arms, but JJ's cheeky smile lets you know that you've already lost. "Alright, alright," you give in and you wrap your arms around JJ's neck, placing your head on his chest, listening to the melodic thumping of his heart.

Unsure how to actually dance, you let your bodies sway gently against each other, letting the music fill your ears and forgetting about the mess in the living room and now kitchen.

JJ's steady breathing helps you to relax and eventually you find yourself struggling to pick up your feet, leaning heavily on him as you become more and more drowsy.

"You're so funny," you say out of nowhere, mumbling your words lazily because you're too tired to notice or to care.

JJ lets out an admiring chuckle, "How so?"

It takes you a few seconds to realize JJ has responded, "Mm, well, most boyfriends buy flowers and . . ." You yawn. "Jewellery, but you . . . you like to dance in the kitchen and you hold my hand during a movie, even when I'm sitting right next to you."

"And that makes me funny?" JJ leans down to whisper near your head and the feel his warm breath dancing over your skin. It tempts you to sleep even more.

"No," you shake your head gently. "It makes you a good boyfriend."

He grins, "So, you don't want flowers?"

"I never said that," you lift your head, your eyes narrowing in on JJ and he laughs at how abruptly you awoke.

You return your head to his chest once more, this time, nearly dozing off right away.

"Why don't you go get ready for bed?" JJ mumbled in your ear, rubbing your shoulders and you shake your head.

"But I have to clean up." You eye the dishes around you, not that there were many.

"I can take care of that."

"My parents wouldn't want you here so late."

"I'll be gone before they come home," JJ assures you and you lift your head to look at him, but struggle more to keep your eyes open as every second passes.

"Are you sure?" And this time your lips are barely opening to speak and your eyes aren't even open. You feel a gentle pair of lips peck your own.

JJ nods, "I'm sure. You should sleep."

"I love you," you say to your boyfriend, by now, leaning all your weight on him to keep yourself standing.

Even through half-closed eyes, you notice his soft smile. "Let's go," he says quietly and picks you up, carrying you up the stairs.

———

HIII GUYSS

Okay I know I said I was moving on but now I'm thinking I might update when I have time☝️

Also ik this is really short but it's just smth I thought of a while ago and I wanted to try writing it out:)

ALSO OMGOMGOMG 40K READSHDHDJDJ WHAT THANK YOU SO SO MUCH💜💜