[f] When You're Sick

Imagine type: fluff

Warning: this hasn't been edited at all lol

———

You had been stuck in bed all day due to a terrible cold. Your body ached, your head was pounding, and you had already used up an entire box of tissues.

Today was the worst day to get sick, too. You and the pogues had been planning a boat picnic for the past few days.

You had already texted the others and you received lots of get well messages in response.

You had just begun to doze off, when you heard the familiar sound of a pebble hitting your window.

Getting up, you opened the window to see JJ already climbing it.

"JJ! Why are you here? I'm going to get you sick," you say, getting back into bed.

"I used to eat dirt as a kid. I'll be fine," JJ scoffs, getting into bed with you.

"Don't you... still eat dirt?" You ask teasingly.

"Anyways—" JJ quickly interrupts before you can continue, "How are you feeling?"

Shrugging, "I'm okay," you reply, but stop as soon as you realize JJ isn't listening, as he's far too busy stealing all the blanket.

He looks up at you after a couple seconds and your mouth is dropped open.

"I'm the one that's sick," you mumble, trying to pull the sheets back. JJ rolls his eyes and you let out a grin when he pulls you in.

He runs your back softly and you close your eyes, the comforting feeling putting you to sleep.

When you wake up later, you realize you're not hugging JJ anymore, but a pillow.

He seemed to have left already. Frowning, you sit up and slump against the headboard.

The door to your room opens suddenly and reveals your mother and JJ.

"We brought you soup," JJ says, grinning. Your mother sits down on your bed, handing you a steaming bowl.

"I would've gave you more, but JJ ate most of it," she shrugs and eyes the boy next to her who's wearing a proud grin.

"Way to throw me under the bus," JJ mutters and your mom lets out a small laugh.

"Door open," you mother orders as she walks away and down the stairs.

"I'm sick, what does she think I'm gonna do?" You say, scrunching your face. JJ shakes his head playfully and sits back down beside you.

"How do you still look so good when you're sick?" JJ asks you and you look up.

"I- wait- what?" You sputter and JJ smiles softly at you.

"You still look beautiful."

We been knew.

"Really?"

"Yeah," he says. You blush profusely and JJ chuckles at your state.

"I'm just hot," you say, referring to the blush and the 39 degree temperature you had.

"Don't need to tell me, I know," he replies and your blush deepens, if possible.

"Yeah, yeah," you shrug it off.

JJ watches you as you finish off the soup and helps you place the bowl on your desk.

"Thank you for taking care of me," you say quietly, snuggling back into the sheets.

"I barely did anything," JJ protests.

"You're here with me. That's all I need," you reply lazily and close your eyes once again.

—————

Today I give you a fluff😌

Haven't written a fluff in a hot minute and I was looking over the last few chapters and they're SO SAD LMAO

Leave requests if you want:)