[a] When He *Kisses* Another Girl For A Dare

Imagine type: angst

Warning: none / unedited

———

The sun started to fall, making the gleam of the fire brighter than it already was. The smell of the ocean filled your nose and you took a seat next to JJ on a log.

"TRUTH OR DARE! TRUTH OR DARE!" Someone was yelling, gathering people around the fire, near the two of you.

Instantly, you rolled your eyes. Truth or dare was never a fun party game in your experience. When it wasn't used to torment people, it could be fun, but of course, what's the point of playing if you were to go easy?

"What's wrong?" JJ asked gently, noticing the frown on your face.

"Nothing really, I just don't like this game," you shrugged honestly.

"We can go somewhere else if you want," he offered, but you shook your head, wanting to stay near the fire. It was cold and you didn't feel like walking anywhere else.

"I'm okay here," you smiled, earning a nod back in response. You tried to blend into the small crowds of people, not wanting to get picked for a truth or dare, but after you heard the next dare, you wished you had been picked.

"JJ," a voice clearly called out. "Truth or dare?"

JJ had always been someone to pick during a game like this, but because of past experiences, he knew not to pick truth. That had never ended well for anyone involved.

"Dare," he sighed, and you could tell by his tone or voice that he had become bodies of this game. By now, you were leaning against Pope, who was seated beside you, falling asleep. Though your eyes were closed, you could tell whoever had picked JJ was smirking.

"Dare? Make out with Kiara. Right here." Your eyes shoot open immediately. Obviously that guy had not noticed that you and JJ were very much couple.

"I—what?" JJ blinked his eyes in disbelief and you noticed Kie on a log not far from you, her own face laced with discomfort.

"You're kidding me," Pope mumbled from beside you and your heart ached at his sad tone. He was just as taken aback by this date as you were.

"Don't be so shy," the guy continued. "It's not like you guys haven't kissed before, right?"

A few audible gasps were heard and you were just as confused as everyone else. Had JJ and Kie been a thing?

Rumours were obviously a thing, and you had asked him once, but he assured you nothing had happened between the two of them and that was enough of a confirmation for you.

Besides, Kie didn't seem like someone who would deliberately keep something like that from you. You trusted them both.

"C'mon, man," JJ scoffed playfully.

"It's nothing you've never done before, JJ, hurry up," the guy pressed on further. You heard JJ blow out an angry breath of air, but he got up anyways, walking over to Kie, who now looked quite afraid.

"Is he actually going to?" You heard a voice whisper.

"Isn't that his girlfriend right there?"

You squirmed a little, earning Pope's attention.

"I'm going to leave," you whispered softly. "If JJ asks where I went just . . . tell him I was tired and left." Pope looked at you with something that read, Don't leave, but you knew it would only be worse if you stayed.

You got up hastily, trying to move as quickly and quietly as possible, as to not gain any further attention.

You hadn't even walked halfway across the beach, when you felt an iron grip on your wrist, turning you around sharply.

"Why did you leave?" JJ asked, a bit out of breath.

"I . . ." you begin, but your sentence trails off. "JJ, did you actually kiss her?"

"Wha—no, of course not," he replies hastily. "I was only getting up to satisfy that dickhead over there. I wasn't actually going to kiss Kie."

You let out a short, heavy breath, dreading the conversation that was about to unfold.

"I'm not talking about over there," you explain quietly. "I mean . . . what did that guy mean when he said you guys have kissed before?"

You feel JJ's grip loosen on your wrist, all before he drops your hand entirely, letting it swing back against your body.

"He doesn't know what he's talking about."

"Be honest with me."

"I am!" He suddenly cries, pissed that you would even consider that fact that something had happened, even so long ago.

"No, you're not! You're very clearly not, JJ!"

Thankfully you guys were far enough from everyone and no one noticed the argument happening near them.

"Okay, look, you have to listen to me," JJ pleaded, and already damage had been done. "I have kissed Kie, no, but it didn't mean anything. We were both drunk and you and I weren't a couple yet—we barely knew each other."

"Oh," you let out. "We weren't together yet?"

"Not exactly."

You purse your lips. "Just be straightforward with it," you ask. "Were we or were we not together?"

"[Y/n], it's just—yes, we were talking, but nothing was official yet."

You squeeze your eyes closed for a moment, just needing even a second to figure out what the hell JJ was really saying.

"We can . . . talk this out tomorrow or something," you say, deciding you were far from the right state to be talking about this.

JJ sends you a glare, "You're just gonna walk away?"

"Yes," you shrug without another thought, feet shifting beneath you already. "I am going to walk away because I don't want to talk about this right now."

The quiet chatters from the party on the beach cut through the silence between you two and you rub your eyes, frustrated from tonight's events.

"We both need some time to cool off," you say a bit softer. "Let's both get some rest."

"Yeah, alright," JJ says and turns away, walking back towards the bonfire.

You furrow your eyebrows in confusion. "Where are you going?" You ask, still standing still in your spot.

"I'm going to try and have fun. Maybe get drunk and forget this hell of a night."

———

Okay so I have two ideas for part 2 One is a fluff and the other is an angst

The angst has a crazyy plot twist

Anyways let me know!

I'll probably do both anyways though lol