[a] When He *Kisses* Another Girl For A Dare Pt. 2

Imagine type: angst😜

Warning: swears / unedited / who knows if this is even good

———

Previously:

"We both need some time to cool off," you say a bit softer. "Let's both get some rest."

"Yeah, alright," JJ says and turns away, walking back towards the bonfire.

You furrow your eyebrows in confusion. "Where are you going?" You ask, still standing still in your spot.

"I'm going to try and have fun. Maybe get drunk and forget this hell of a night."

"That's not a good idea, JJ," and you begin to follow him as he walks back to the beach.

"Why the fuck do you care?" He asks you with a slight laugh, and you stop him by pulling harshly on his wrist, like he did to you.

"I know what happens when you get drunk, JJ, and you do too. I'm upset, but I'm still your girlfriend and I'm still here for you."

JJ's gaze softens a bit, head dropping as if he was ashamed for something.

"Please, just—I want to talk with you tomorrow. Get home safely, okay?" You ask of him.

You get a sincere nod in response and hand JJ over to John B before heading home yourself, avoiding the uneasy looks you were attracting.

The night had been enough fun and you were quick to fall into bed, though you had trouble falling asleep.

Part of you felt like you were overreacting. The kiss had obviously happened a long time ago, as you and JJ had been together for quite a while. It was only the fact that he had tried to hide it from you.

What about at the beach? Your mind pressed on further. He might not have wanted to kiss Kie again, but he still got up during the game.

"Stupid head," you groaned, but the thought persisted nonetheless.

He had gotten up. Was he actually going to kiss Kie? Everyone knew neither of them wanted that. Couldn't JJ have simply turned down the dare?

"Whatever," you mumbled, tugging at the sheets.

Rolling over onto your side, you decide to dedicate tomorrow to figuring this whole situation out.

———

You had awoken early the next day, not able to get much sleep as the only thing on your mind was talking to JJ.

Throwing on a hoodie, you escape into the chilly morning air, off to John B's, where JJ most likely was.

You had barely made it halfway when you spotted the very same blonde walking towards you with a regrettable expression present on his face.

"You came to find me," you say softly and he  locks eyes with you.

"Yeah, w—we need to talk," he whispers and you nod. You two begin to walk back to John B's, but despite earlier agreements to talk, nothing is being said.

"JJ," you start off your voice hoarse and you clear your throat. You notice as he winces slightly, even from the quiet sound. Instantly you know he has a headache. "You drank?"

JJ avoids your questions saying nothing.

"Did you drink?" You ask again.

"It doesn't concern you," he mutters, irritated that you would even ask and your brows furrow.