[f/a] When You Leave For College

Imagine type: fluff /angst

Recommended song: Photograph by: Ed Sheeran

Warning: none

—————

It had taken awhile, but finally it was time for you to leave for college and leave your home. In other words, it was time to leave the pogues.

You stood at the entrance of the Chateau, saying goodbye to your friends. Looking around the house, memories coming back to you when you laid your eyes on even the most random objects.

"I'm going to miss you so much," Kie cried, but her voice was muffled as she wrapped her arms around you, her face digging into your hair. You returned the hug, sniffling a great deal.

"I'm going to miss you too, Kie. Take care of yourself, okay? And try to keep the boys from doing anything too stupid." You turned to John B and chuckled.

"If you ever need to escape because you're being framed for a murder again, feel free to drop by my college dorm," you offered, teasingly. John B shook his head, laughing, but he pulled you into a hug as well.

"I don't think you're allowed alcohol on campus," John B sighed. You laughed, finally letting go of him.

"You're only in trouble if you get caught with it," you replied, raising your eyebrows and you smiled when JB shot you a teasing glare. Turning to see Pope, you almost started sobbing right then and there as you saw how he stood there, arms crossed, tears threatening to escape.

"We're both going to college," you whispered excitedly, already going in for a hug. "I'm so proud of you." Pope let out a quiet sob, his grip never failing to loosen.

"You're going to do great," he nodded when you pulled away.

"You too," you said softly, returning a shaky smile. When you looked at JJ, you almost fell apart as he smiled at you.

"Let's, uh, give them some space," Kie offered quietly, exiting the area, followed closely by John B and Pope. Once they were out the door, you turned to JJ, placing your hands gently on the sides of his face.

You didn't say anything, just taking in the the boy standing before you.

"I'm going to be away for a while," you whispered softly. JJ looked down before raising his head, determined to show as little emotion as possible, but failing.

"Thank you," he replied and you smiled curiously.

"For what?" you asked and JJ looked at you with eyes you never wanted to turn away from.

"For being there when I needed you." His grip never failed to squeeze tighter.

"Please don't forget what I look like," you joked, laughing a little. One of JJ's arms was removed off you as he reached into his pocket, pulling out a small white piece of film.

"Don't worry, I have you with me at all times," he chuckled and you saw he was holding a photo of you that you hadn't realized was taken. The small act tugged at your heartstrings and you wanted to fall, holding JJ with you.

"I love you so much," you managed to say your tears finally getting the best of you as they feel slowly down your pink cheeks, but you wipe them away immediately.

"I love you too."

Finally letting go of each other, you came out of the house, your mom and dad waiting for you in the car. Kie, Pope, and John B stood together on the grass, talking quietly.

You went down the steps, smiling shakily at your best friends as they raised their heads to look at you.

Without saying anything, you guys ended up in a group hug and it was a mess of tears. You weren't sure who's arms you were holding onto, but it didn't matter.

"I'll see you guys soon, okay?" You nodded and they all left bittersweet smiles implanted in your brain as you drove away till they looked like nothing but a speck.

———

"Your turn to ask me a question," you asked your new friend, Rachelle, as you guys sat on the balcony, the sky dark.

You guys were playing a round of twenty questions, your feet dangling off the terrace.

"If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?" She asked.

The first thing that popped into your head was Outer Banks, but it was deeper than that. It wasn't just Outer Banks that felt like your home, but the people that you found there.

"I wouldn't go to somewhere specific, I would go to someone," you responded, thoughtfully, and Rachelle looked at you with a genuine smile.

—————

Rachelle got deep in her feels tonight😔

Leave requests if you have any !