[f] When He Gets Jealous

Imagine type: fluff

Warning: unedited, cursing, I edited the plot to fit this imagine again, but the main event is still included:)

———

"Here going nothin'" John B mutters, about to step off the HMS Pogue. The hot air made the smell of the motel five times stronger, but as much as you'd rather stay on the boat, your curiosity got the best of you.

"Hey," Pope stops you before you can leave. "Don't let them do anything stupid. Especially JJ."

"Oh, we will," JJ replies before you can.

"I'll see what I can do," you murmur with a small smile. You hop off the boat and walk over to stand next to JJ.

"Uh, be careful," you hear Kie's voice, soft and genuine. "I mean it."

You exchange knowing glances with JJ, watching a flustered John B jump off.

"Just be so careful, John B," JJ practically moans, feeling up the other boy while he's at it.

You instinctively step away from the two of them. "Do you need me to go?" You mutter, watching the way JJ's hands rub JB's shoulders.

"Ever since he's been threatened with exile," JJ starts, pointing a finger at you. "She's been like 'Oh, just be so careful John B. Just give me that John D already.' When are you gonna swoop in on that, man?"

You roll your eyes, cutting in between the boys and walking faster.

"No pogue-on-pogue macking," you remind them happily.

"That was super helpful," JJ nods at you and you offer a wide grin in return.

"This is it," John B points at a dirty, worn down door, and you're surprised it can still lock.

"Housekeeping," JJ tries, his voice four octaves higher than usual.

"That was really good," you comment with a sarcastic nod and he shoots you a cheeky smirk.

"What are we looking for?" You ask once the door has been opened. The musty smell is even worse on the inside and there's barely any light coming through the old, tainted windows.

"Anything suspicious," John B replies, a flashlight clamped tightly in his hand. "Try looking for a name."

You walk over to a black duffel bag tossed lazily aside and open it up while John B takes a different bag, pulling out an assortment of things.

"There's a jacket. No name, though," you frown.

"It's a nice jacket," JJ comments, coming up to your side.

"Definitely over 50," JB remarks. "He's got New Balances."

You check around the drawers, but find it all empty or with items that hold no value.

"Check this out," JJ calls. "Maybe this is where they were fishing."

You go up to him, taking a turn to study a map with coordinates scribbled down on a yellow Post-It note.

"That's Big Swell," you murmur, confused.

"Nobody fishes there."

"What about this?" You ask, opening up a cupboard to reveal a safe. JB comes to kneel down beside you and begins trying random codes.

"Punching shit at random. That will . . . definitely work," JJ mutters, going through the things in the bathroom.

You let out a soft gasp of realization, taking the white note you had glanced briefly at earlier. Looking over the five numbers written down, you punch them into the safe.