[f] Coaches Don't Play

Imagine type: fluff

Recommended song: You've Got the Heat by: Luster

Warning: cursing

———

It was a chill Saturday afternoon and you and the pogues sat around a large table in the Wreck, sharing food and talking about nothing in particular.

"This is my favourite song!" Kiara announced suddenly and she got up, dragging John B along with her. Placing a hand in his hand and on his shoulder, they waltzed to a song that couldn't have been farther from a traditional waltz tune—but they made it work.

You watched the pair dance, until you noticed Pope, who was staring mindlessly at Kie. Smiling, you pulled the boy up and over to a spot near John B and Kie.

"You don't expect to win Kie over by staring at her, do you?" You asked gently, placing yourself in a waltz position as the previous pair of dancers had done.

Pope's eyes snapped towards you upon hearing your question. You continued to move to the music, guiding Pope as he swayed with you.

"What are you talking about?" Pope tried to play it off, scoffing a little, but his gaze so obviously returned to Kie. You roll your eyes, but smiled. It was clear to anyone that could see that Pope liked Kie. You were only surprised no one else noticed.

"You don't have to pretend around me," you assured Pope, offering a trusting smile, but when he looked at you, a sad gaze fell over his face.

"There's no point. No pogue-on-pogue macking," Pope quoted. You rolled your eyes playfully at Pope's response, knowing very well that rule wouldn't stop anyone.

"I don't think anyone actually follows that rule," you shrugged. "You didn't choose to feel this way, either. Don't beat yourself up over it. If you really like Kie, you'll make it work."

Pope, who had been staring down Kie again, looked at you with a grateful smile. The music continued as you two danced and Pope nodded at your words.

"When I turn around, I want you to look over my shoulder, on your right, then you'll see who's really staring," Pope said softly and suddenly turned, his back now facing the table.

As instructed, you peered over your friends shoulder and made eye contact with JJ, who's cheeks seemed to turn a bit pink.

"That was smooth," you chuckled softly, letting go of Pope and handing him off to Kie. You bit your lip in excitement at you watched them dance together. Turning, you walk over to JJ and grab his hand pulling him up to dance.

"Trying to set up Pope and Kie, huh?" He nods approvingly as he places a hand on your waist.

"What can I say, I'm great at getting people together," you say jokingly, grinning. JJ scoffs teasingly at your reply before looking back at you.

"You can get Pope a girlfriend, but you can't get yourself a boyfriend?" JJ questions, raising an eyebrow at you. You look around, shaking your head, resisting the urge to pull JJ closer to you.

"Coaches don't play," you respond, shrugging it off. JJ just nods, not questioning any further and you continue to sway to the song. He spins you around and you spin around again and again and again, feeling dizzy as you crash into JJ.

"Your head is in four different spots," you say as you watch the room spin around you, clutching tightly on his shoulders, afraid you'll drop to the floor if you don't. You hear a chuckle escape JJ's lips and you focus on standing straight again.

"JJ," John B calls from the table. "We have to go now. I want to set up before the sun goes down." JJ nods and turns back to you, making sure you're seeing clearly again before he lets go of you, but he pulls you in, his head hovering just over your ear.

"Just for the record," he starts off whispering and the warmth of his breathe sends a cascade of shivers down your back. "I would let you play with me."

Your mouth falls slightly open as JJ walks out with John B, winking at you.

"Smooth as f*ck."

—————

LMAO this one was so much fun to write I personally love this imagine eheh

Leave requests if you have any!