Chapter 17: The Shock

A month later and here I am in a town that I never wanted to be in again. Why is it that the more I try to run away from being here, I always come back. I called Matt when I got home, along with Jayson and told him about my recent win and that the next tournament was in South Florida. They both agreed, for my sake, that they would make the trip down.

So Matt and Kennedy were here along with Jayson and Amber. I told Tyler that the four of them were coming and he was thrilled to see Matt and meet Kennedy. Along with seeing Jayson and Amber.

Tyler, myself, and Jamie got in a week earlier before the team had to be here. Jayson and is wife were flying in at the same time Matt and his wife were coming in.

So here we are waiting for their flights to come in. Of course they were arriving at the airport on the same day but at different times and different flights. Matt and Kennedy came in first and as soon as I saw my brother I ran to him and hugged him. Kennedy was laughing cause I almost knocked over Matt. Jamie and Ty were laughing as Kennedy introduced themselves to each other. Matt asked when Jayson and Amber were coming in and I told him his flight should be coming in within the next 30 minutes. At least that is what the flight board said.

So the five of us went to the airport cafe cause we were getting a little hungry. As we sat and ate a little we began talking about the upcoming week for us. Ty and Jamie got all of us tickets to watch them play. And of course I did the same. But they did tell me they were playing two games against the Panthers next week. Which was fine with me. Matt and I agreed that we would take everyone around to show them where we grew up. Well almost everywhere. There were a few places I didn't want them seeing.

Just as were were talking about what we wanted to do over the next couple of days the announcement came over the intercom that Jayson and Amber's flight just arrived. So we all walked together and made our way to their gate. Even though I am with Ty and I love him, even though I haven't told him, I still love Jayson. Yes at one point we tried dating and that only lasted a month, but he is and always be my best friend.

So here we are waiting and waiting for them to appear. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against Tyler's chest. His warmth is so calming. I was in my own little bubble when Ty squeezed me and leaned down to my ear. His breath tickled and I started to chuckle.

"Baby girl, open your eyes and look." He said whispering me then kissed my temple.

I looked up at him and smiled. I turned to face the gate and I saw Amber. I looked up to Ty and he just nodded my head. I smiled, kissed his lips and ran to Amber.

We hugged each other tightly and she kissed my cheek as I did hers. She had tears in her eyes and when I saw them I started to worry.

"Amber, what's wrong? Are you okay? Is it Jayson? My little girl? Amber talk to me please."

She wiped her eyes and told me everyone is fine but we will talk later. I nodded my head and just looked at her. I know that look. I've seen it before. And I know that I will have their back and do whatever I can to help them. Just like I did before.

"Well if it isn't the two prettiest women I have ever seen." A voice calls out behind Amber.

"Infamous." I ran over to him and hugged him as he hugged me back. "We need to talk Jayson." I said to him so only he could hear.

"I know love and we will just not here. Soon." He whispered.

We grabbed their luggage and we made our way to the cars and to our hotels. I am staying in a room with Tyler.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the course of the week we all hung out with each other. And showed Ty and the guys where we all went to school and some of our local hang outs. Matt, Jayson and I did not show them where we grew up. That is some place I didn't want them to see.