Chapter 21: The Question

Rochelle POV

It's been a couple of days since Thanksgiving and Tyler's family along with Tyler left to go back home. Everyone else left too and once again my home is quiet.

I made my way to work and just felt sad. Like a part of me was missing. Of course I knew that part was Tyler. I often found myself crying or spacing out. To whick I know is due to the pregnancy.

All my staff know I am pregnant and know that I am once again helping my best friend. They all are so proud of me for doing this. Even those that are regulars are proud of me, Sherry especially. I don't know if I just hug her, cry, laugh, or whatever. There is not a day that goes by that I find myself wishing I had a mom like her.

I have been felling a little off over the past few weeks. And all I have been able to eat is crackers and drink sprite. It sucks right now. I didn't have this bad of morning sickness with Lisa Marie. So it got me thinking it was a boy. But I will find that out next month.

Work has been going slowly so I decided to try and call Tyler. The phone rand for several mintues until his voicmail picked up.

*Hey you, I just wanted to hear your voice. Guess you're busy. Call me later. Love ya.

I sighed and of course hung up the phone. Knowing he was probably doing some promo work, I decided that I didn't want to sit and wait around for him to call so I made my way back to the lanes

It was getting busier which was good. A college bowling class came in, which I am never here for, so getting to see them at a distance was good for me. Two stuck out to me the most. One on the girls team the other on the boys. They both were good, really good, but I could tell they just needed something different. In fact the whole class did. They all looked like they were struggling for some reason.

I made my way over to my office and grabbed my equipment out. I told Jennifer to set me up next to them. I wanted to hear what that teacher was saying to them. Because if I was right that guy was way off.

As I got closer I listened to how this instructor had the audacity to say I have a reverse block set up on the lanes today. (A reverse block is an oil pattern that consists of the outer 10 boards on either side be dry, no oil, and the inside have all the oil. Normal pattern is opposite.) I never put that up here. I can't stand that pattern. I have countless times practiced on it. And it hardly ever comes out during tournaments.

College professors dont know I own this place, but when they find out, they change their tune. So as I stretch out my arms and legs, I hear some of the kids talking wondering if its really me. The professor says its not but I keep quiet for now. I know sooner or later it will come out. I start working on some of the basics that Travis has me doing. I catch out of the corner of my eye the young girl watching. That is until the professor starts yelling at her.

By this time I was ready to snap. Just as I was turning around there stood the most handsome man I have ever seen.

"Should you be out on these lanes right now?"

"I am allowed to be, yes."

He walks over to me and pulls me into a hug and kisses my lips.

"Hi baby girl." Tyler says to me.

Just then I heard it. And it made my blood boil. "WHAT ARE YOU STANDING AROUND FOR? YOU THINK THE BALL IS GONNA BOWL ITSELF DOWN THE LANE! GET BACK TO WORK."

I looked at Tyler and he had an anger in his eye matching my own. He tried to walk over there but I stopped him.
"Let me handle this." I said to him. He questioned me but I stopped him. "This is my place Tyler. My work, my baby. No one talks to kids like that." He nodded his head and told me to be care not to stress out. I smiled at him and patted his arm.