Chapter 13: A Great Surprise

Rochelle POV

Its been a couple of months since I met Tyler. We have talked every day. Some times multiple times a day.  Everyday its something new with  him. He tells me about practice, the games, his family. He told me he never went to college and about how he was drafted and his first team was the Bruins. But he wants to put those part of his life behind him and move on to the future.

I couldn't tell him much about my family. I did tell him some things but some things were better left to be spoken in person than on the phone or over the internet. This is something we both had to talk about in person.

So here I am  at work getting ready for the Golden Girls league to start. I got their coffee and food set up.

"Rochelle, darling how are you doing?"

"Hi Sherry. I am doing good. How was your doctors appointment the other day?"

"Oh darling everything went good. They say I am as young as an eighteen year old."

"Those poor boys." I said with a smile. 

We talked for a bit longer when I told her to go get ready.

--Alright Golden Girls your lanes are now on for 10 minutes of practice.--

I turned their lanes on and decided to walk around the concourse. Jennifer was at the counter answering random questions from the senior ladies and phone calls. 

I started to talk to some of the other women and some of them stopped talking and started to stare at something behind me. As this caught my attention I turned around to see what was going on.

There standing before me was a person holding flowers in front of their face. I stood there for a moment just looking.

"Can I help you?" I asked

I watched as the person lowered the flowers from their face. And to my surprise Tyler was standing in front of me. I couldn't believe he was here. 

"Surprise" he said to me.

"Surprise indeed. What are you doing here."

"I wanted to see you."

"But you didn't tell me you were coming?"

"That's why they call it a surprise." He said laughing. "These are for you."

He handed me the flowers and the sweet smell made me smile. Well even more so because he was here, standing before me. It was like a dream. I put the flowers down and he pulled me into a hug. God it felt so good to be back in his arms. 

"Well well. Who is this hunk of a man?" I heard Sherry say.

I pulled back from Tyler and I could see him blushing.

"Sherry, I like to introduce you to Tyler."

"Nice to meet you ma'am." Tyler said.

"Very good young man. Now if you excuse us Rochelle darling I would like to talk to this stud muffin." With that she pulled Tyler away from me and started to walk and talk to him. I  had to laugh a little cause Tyler seemed a little tense. God knows what she is gonna talk to him about.

--Alright Golden Girls, time to  hold up on your practice. Please recycle your machines back into the first ball position. When your arrows come up its time to bowl. Good luck and high scores.-- I said into the intercom microphone after I made my way back to the counter.

I decided it was time to rescue Tyler from Sherry and those crazy old women. 

"Alright ladies, let's leave the man alone. Don't you all have several games to get to."