Chapter 3: 3 Weeks Later

Its been 3 weeks after my phone call with Travis and Matt. I am at work making sure Jennifer can handle everything for the next 2 weeks while I'm gone. I trust her and all but still I know some things can and will go wrong. I just hope nothing major.

When I finally leave work and get my jeep on the road I start the drive to Tampa. Its not a long drive maybe and hour or two the most. Depending on how fast I want to drive.

As I pull into Matt and Kennedy's place I see their cars in the drive. Matt opens the door when he hears my jeep. Yeah its a little loud in the exhaust. But I like it. He runs to my door and practically pulls me out before I even have the chance to put it in park.

"Sissy!"

"Matt. At least let me put the damn thing in park and shut it off ya goof." I say laughing. You would think he hasn't seen me in years. And that he wouldn't be this lovey dovey to me.

He lets me get out of the jeep after shutting it off and engulfs me in the biggest of hugs.

"How's work?"

"Good same thing as always."

"Sherri"

Matt has met Sherri at one time and she thought we would be the cutest of couples. That is until we explained to her that we are brother and sister.

"Yup"

He smiles at me and kisses my temple. And like the best brother ever, he grabs my suitcase from the back of the jeep. However he refuses to touch my bowling bags. Says he doesn't want to bring them bad luck. Such a nerd.

Kennedy smiles and gives me a hug. She told me she had the spare room set up for me. She asked how I was feeling and how work has been going. And of course I simply replied Sherri and she started laughing. We talked about her job and what not. She says she has an interesting class. And of course I asked if her principal was still the same. And she told me no that they have a new one and she likes this one better than her old one.

She asked if I was nervous for this tournament. And to be honest I am a little. But only because I don't want anything to happen to my knee again. Especially since the first day I have to bowl 9 games.

I put my stuff away and met Matt in his office.

"So talk to me." I say to him.

"Well the promotional work is going to be at the Amalie Arena. That's where you'll be attending the two games."

"And Jayson still has no clue that we are coming right?"

"No. You won't be promoting the charity event until the professional game. That's when they will be interviewing you during the actual game."

"You do realize that I have no clue about anything hockey related right?"

"And yet you managed to date a goalie. How does that even work?"

"Simple. I was focused on bowling. Duh."

Matt chuckles and shakes his head.

"So the games are on Monday and Tuesday. And the charity even is Dallas the week after on a Wednesday night and your tournament starts on that Friday. That gives you time to relax and do what ever it is you do to get yourself ready for the events."

"Okay."

"And with that being said after the promotional work here you can head home and fly out Tuesday. You just have to be in by nightfall."

"So I have to make sure I go back home, and fly out to Texas after this weekend? Is that what your saying?"

"Yeah."

Matt goes further into detail and explains how he and Travis were able to pull this off with Jayson. And I must admit I am greatly surprised. He also went into detail about the tournament in Dallas well. He told me that he will have all the flights and hotel accommodations as well.

So here it is Monday and I am going to be at this ice rink for a while. So I made sure that I had nice warm clothes on and my hair and makeup were to perfection. Now don't get me wrong I am not that type of girlie girl. I hate wearing tons of makeup. Eyeliner is my to go thing. But since I have to be on camera I have to look good.

I made a sign to surprise Jayson. I still can't believe he doesn't know.

As the semi pros take the ice. I held up my sign in hopes I get his attention.

"I came to see the Infamous 1."

Infamous is his nickname that stuck with him throughout college. How he got it I have no clue but I love it.

I watched some of his teammate look in my direction as I held up the sign and they skated over to Jayson. They started talking to him and made him look in my sign and read it. He took off his helmet and skated over to the glass. He was smiling so big and we both had tears in our eyes. He pointed to me and then to his heart. I did the same movements. It was our thing. Showing each other that we loved each other and we were still the best of friends.

His game went good and his team won 3-0. The other team tried to score but he just blocked it all.

When Jayson left the ice I was talking to Matt about some things for the charity game that was supposed to take place. Just then I heard a loud voice call out.

"Bestie"

"Infamous!" I shouted back.

Matt just rolled his eyes and said he was going to go get some food for us and some beer.

"What are you doing here?" Jayson asked. As he hugged me.

" I came to see you. Well Matt and I did."

"Wait Matt is here too?"

"Yeah he went for some food and drinks."

"So honestly what are you doing here? You never come to a game?"

"Well Matt and I are doing some work and trying to promote my next.. umm.."

"You're going back?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my god I am so happy for you." He hugged me again.

"The tournament is next week in Dallas. But I have a charity even there too. Plus Matt and Travis pulled some strings for me to come and see you tonight. And to promote this charity event thing too."

"Well I am so glad that I got to see you. Even if its only for a few minutes."

"I know Jay. But I promise I will call you and Amber and let you know how the charity event went."

"Okay. Well I go to go. I love you."

"I love you too."

And with that he hugged and kissed my cheek goodbye. I almost feel heartbroken. Just as I see him he has to leave. But its okay cause I know that I will be seeing him again soon enough.

***************************************************************************************

A/N I know this is a short chapter. I really do have a friend that is a goalie for a hockey team in Canada. I have never seen him play but we do talk about it once in a while. And no I have no clue about hockey other than a few things.