Chapter 28: Twist of Events

Rochelle POV

I remember hearing a voice telling me that they were here. But my head pounded in pain. In fact my whole body felt like a heard of elephants was sitting on me right now.

I whispered out Tyler's name as I felt a hand squeeze mine. Firm but yet still gently.

As I started to open my eyes the light was blinding me.

"Oh thank the heavens." But I couldn't tell the voice.

"Quick Matt shut the lights off for her." The voice said. Ok so I know Matt is here. But the person holding my hand is not the one I want. I tried to move my hand away but the hand held mine still.

As I got my eyes to open fully, a doctor entered the room. "Welcome back to the land of the living Rochelle. I'm Doctor Peterson. I'm just gonna run a few tests with you right now to see how you are doing ok? Try not to move or talk." I just nodded. That's when I realized I had a breathing tube down my throat. What the hell happened to me.

"The doctor had me follow her finger and shone her light in my eyes several times. Ok I the nurse and I are going to remove the tube. When I tell you to, I want you to cough ok?" Once again I nodded my head. "Good girl, ok on a count of 3, ready. 1...2....3...cough."

As I did they removed the tube and gave me some water. "Slow sips Rochelle. You have had this in your mouth for a bit so your throat is gonna feel scratchy and like its on fire. It will go away. Promise."

I was sipping on some water as the doc continued to tell me that my body is going to feel like ot weights a ton but that will change with a Physiotherapist. What the hell is she talking about. I wasn't understanding any of this.

As I looked around the room it was then I realized that the doctor kicked everyone out to help me.

"What happened?" I managed to croak out.

"Rochelle what do you remember?" The doctor asking me.

I told her I remember being at the bowling alley with Jayson and having extreme pain. "OH MY GOD! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY? TELL ME IT MADE IT." I was shouting and crying.

"Rochelle you need to calm down and listen." I did my best so can get my answers. "Rochelle, what I am going to say may be heard to hear. But trust me ok. You suffered a miscarriage and been in a coma for about a year. You suffered some major bodily injuries due to a major car accident."

What? This can't be true. What the hell is she telling me? No that's not true. I was just in my office with Jayson. We were talking about Tyler.

The doctor said her speal but I wasn't listening to beyond a point. Just then the door opened and on walks Jayson.

"Hey baby girl. I'm so glad to see your eyes. I missed you."

"Jayson, what happened? What's going on?"

He asked what I remembered and I told him about being in my office and blacking out from the pain. And we were talking about how I should tell Tyler that the baby was his.

Jayson looked at me like I had 3 heads.He asked me who Tyler was. And when I told him I swear you could see how he thought I was insane.

"Rochelle, you were in a car accident. We don't know a Tyler." I can't believe he doesn't believe me.

They told me the brakes were cut in the car and the accelerator pedal was pegged to the floorboard of the car.

Matt came in and I asked him about Tyler as well and I got the same response. Its like they were the ones with a messed up brain not me.