Chapter 24:

TYLER POV

Its been a couple of weeks since the reveal. And Rochelle has to have a doctor's appointment every week now. Jayson and Amber are staying with us until the baby is born.

And before you think it was her idea, you would be wrong. Its all mine. I want someone with her incase she goes into labor.

We are on our away games right now and I am anything but focused. Everyone knows why and understands. We have three games to play and we won one and lost one.

I have called Jayson several times a day to make sure all is going good and that there's no way shes going into labor yet. He reassures me all the time that she is good.

She's in the "nesting" phase as he told me. That she is doing nothing but cleaning. The only issues she is having is her ankles are swollen and her back hurts. And apparently she's still bowling.

I personally don't like that. I couldn't imagine her water breaking on the lanes. 

But I have to push that back in my head as I have tp focus on tonights game.  We are playing my old team, the Bruins, and I really want to show them how much better of a player I have become since they let me go.

Right before we leave the locker room my phone starts ringing. All the guys stop and look. I looked at the caller id and see its Rochelle calling.

"Baby, what's wrong? Is everything ok? Did your water break? Is the ratbag coming?"

"Tyler slow down. No nothing is wrong, the ratbag is not making an appearance anytime soon and my water didn't break. I'm just calling to say good luck and you got this. Don't get inside your head. And I love you."

I let out a breath that I was holding in.  I gave the guys the thumbs up to let them all know shes ok. I told her I loved her too and would be home late tonight.

When I started walking out with my team eveyone was happy that she was still waiting. The guys get called on the ice then me then Jamie.

The game starts and its a tough one tonight. The hits been hard, the penalties have come and so have some of the power plays.

I have scored twice already and I just got a hat trick. We ended up winning in overtime 5-4.

Talk about a confidence boost. Sure I still have friends on the Bruins, but the  Stars are family. And I am glad I am playing for this organization.

We fly back home and all of us are beat. And since we won tonight tomorrow is an optional skate. Coach had us come in later in the afternoon.

So by the time I walked in it was 3 in the morning. I put my bag down by the door and made my way to our room. There she was sound asleep curled up with her body pillow and the dogs on the bed.

I stripped out of my clothes and put on some sweats and curled in right behind her. I gently kissed her shoulder and heard her soft moan.
She some how managed to scoot closer to me yet still being sound asleep. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

Moring came and she is still sound asleep. Looking at the time its about 9:30, so I get a shirt put on and make my way out to the kitchen.

"Morning Ty" Amber calls to me from the kitchen.

"Morning. Where's your other half?"

"Sleeping if you can still believe that. "

"Yeah Rochelle is too."

Amber laughed and passed me a cup of coffee.  We sat around the kitchen island and talked while she made breakfast. She asked about the games and I told her we won teo out of the three.