Chapter 27:Shocking News

Tyler's POV

I'm sitting here at my mom's place outside by the firepit. My dogs are laying down by my side. They act lost as well.

I picked up the phone and called Matt to see how he and Kennedy are doing and I get no answer. Just my luck.

Jamie shows up and comes outside after spending a few minutes with my mom.

"Hey Segs, how ya holding up?"

I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders. "Same." Is all I can say. My world has fallen apart. Everything is dull with Rochelle being there. And I know it's my fault. I didn't show her the affection she needed. I treated her as a roommate or a housekeeper instead of the love of my life.

"Have you tried to call her?"  Really. Does he think that once she sees my number she is just gonna pick up the phone and talk to me? 

I just looked at him, not saying a word. I rolled my eyes and looked back to the fire.

"You know she's  a mess without you. And YOU are shit without her. Both of you need to get your head out of your asses and man up."

"I know I fucked it up. She's gone. Probably with someone new. Who treats her like she should be treated." I said with hurt in my heart. Just thinking of her smiling and laughing while being with another man kills me.

"She hasn't been with anyone since Segs." He says.

"How do you know?" I looked at him. I don't know if I want to hear this answer or not.

But just as he was about to answer, my mom comes bolting out the door calling to Jamie.

"JAMIE!"

Jamie and I turned to my mom and there was panic on her face.

"What happened?" He said with concern. I looked to my mom and to Jamie and back. She wasn't talking but something spooked her.

"Take the call." Was all she could say.

Jamie got up and ran to the phone my mom was holding. I couldn't hear the conversation but I knew it wasn't good.

Once he hung up he talked to my mom a bit and she ran somewhere in the house. Jamie made his way over to me and stopped to look at me. I saw fear and panic in his face and I knew it wasn't good. I rose to my feet staring at him.

"Tyler, what I have to say to you is uh well its not good."

"Jamie whats wrong? Dude you're scaring me?"

He takes a deep breath. I can see he is fighting back tears. "Jayson just called."

My heart started pounding. A million thoughts run through my head that something horrible has happend to Rochelle.  "Wh what's  wr wr wrong?" I was studdering so bad I'm not sure if Jamie understood me.

"Rochelle is in the hospital. Shes unresponsive." He says  in a shaky voice.

I fell back into my seat as the dogs moved away. I don't think I heard him right.  Not my Rochelle. Not my love.  This can't be true.

"Let's go." My mother calls out.

"Tyler come on. She is gonna need you." Jamie calls to me.

I get up and follow my mom and Jamie through the house and to Jamie's car. My mom has been on the phone with whom I am guess is Jayson. She is not saying much but then again I can't focus on anything.

About 45 minutes later I noticed we pulled up to the hospital. But wait we are still in Canada. How can that be? I thought  she moved somewhere else, how come she is here.