Chapter 7: Woman's Classic

Rochelle POV

Its 6 in the morning and I woke up way before my alarm was set to go off. I know that I have to be at the lanes around 2 even though the tournament doesn't start till 4. So I have some time on my hands before meetings, weigh ins, sponsor pictures and what not. I am going to get their earlier so I can get a lot of those things done and out of the way. This way I can focus and get those nerves out of my system.

I roll out of the bed and throw on some gym shorts, my sports bra, and a tank top. I pack the clothes that I am going to take to the lanes in a back pack so I can change out of my "work clothes" just incase I have to go out afterwards. I really don't want my name on my shirt when I am out either eating or drinking. Just low key for me. And I make sure all my equipment is ready to go and by the door for when I get back I can hop in the shower and leave.

So for now I am going for a workout in the hotel's gym. I sent Matt a quick text to his phone letting him know and I made my way out of the room. I always try not to over do it on game day. I don't want my muscles to sore to move. So I settled on a quick jog on the tredmill and a ride on their bike. Plus a light workout on my legs. Making sure I follow the pregame workout that Sammy made for me.

By the time I made it back into the room and showered the time was already going on 10. And I knew Matt was up since he sent me messages letting me know and that he was hungry. I got my hair dried and put into a ponytail plus doing some light makeup. And got my "uniform" shirt on and made my way to Matt so we could grab some breakfast and head off to the lanes so he could get to work as well.

When arriving to the lanes at 1, I went and checked myself in to the tournament office. I gave them all my bowling balls so they can check for weight and make sure there was nothing illegal being used. I met up with several sponsors and they were so happy to see me and I had my pictures taken with them. Each one of them wanted me to be apart of their brand. But Linds was always my go to sponsor. I love their shoes.

I found Travis and he walked me around introducing me to several people from the bowling establishment here in Dallas. Paul was his name.

"Paul, I would love to introduce you to Rochelle Parker."

"Hello young lady and welcome to my establishment." Paul says as he shakes my hand.

"Thank you for hosting this event Paul. Its and honor to be here." I said and its true.

Paul, Travis and myself got to talking about my career and that I owned my own establishment back in Florida and that I was looking on expanding to someplace new as well as keeping my current establishment. We talked for a while before I had to make my self scarce to go and "meditate" and get myself into my own zone.

Travis stopped me again and said that he had something for me. And he handed me a brand new shirt. And wow was it hot. Black with blue flames and Parker on the back in white writing. So I quickly went to the restroom and changed my shirt.

I found Matt and he gave me a kiss on the forehead and wished me the best of luck.

I was given the lane assignment of 25 & 26. And I make my way to the lanes. There are 64 lanes in this place. It has synthetic lanes, which means the oil will just stick to the lanes and carry down. It won't be absorbed into the lanes like real wood lanes. So I take put my Rock Star and my Red Pearl Hammer and put them in the ball return rack. I sat down in the seats and closed my eyes, trying to the nerves.

"Hey you're Rochelle Parker right?"

"Yeah."

"Just want to wish you the best of luck and welcome back."